It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
3 year old cigarettes does the nicotine expire??

I know this is an odd question but I have been cutting down on my smoking trying to quit. I have been smoking 3 year old cigarettes and I was wondering does the nicotine expire?? Does it lose its effectiveness like nicotine gum etc... Just wondering if anyone knows the answer. It would be grand if I have been smoking nicotine free cigs for weeks without knowing it.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:10 AM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: 3 year old cigarettes does the nicotine expire??

You have successfully "stumped the dummy"!! I haven't a clue on that question. I couldn't imagine smoking a 3 year old cig. I did however smoke a cig one time that had a pin hole in it and i got curious and broke it open at the pin hole to find a worm in the tobacco!! It was gross! I am surprised that I did not quit then. I guess thats why they call it an addiction. Sorry no help here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

I am clueless on this one since cigs have no expiration date.Evidently they must still be good if they ain't a bothering you to smoke them.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

I know the tobacco dries out and burns faster, but I am sorry I don't think you are lucky enough to have discovered "nicotine free" cigs. Although, maybe you should look into that further, you may make a bundle if you're right.

Good luck on your quit, I am rooting for you!

Old 06-28-2007, 04:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Hmm...stumped me, too.

This past weekend, I was cleaning out the garage, and DH & I found a really old ashtray that had both ashes and bits of old, unsmoked tobacco. I decided to take a good whiff just to reinforce how nasty the habit was and particularly how it smelled.

Well, I brought the ashtray up close and, lo and behold, it was moving. Little itty-bitty bugs were all through it!!! Not ants. These things were about the size of the tip of a pen and mainly in the unsmoked bits of tobacco.

I'd be wary of smoking old cigs if I were you.

Good for you for cutting back. Replace those stale smokes with a coffee straw or piece of gum

Closed Thread