It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
11 months

Today it is 11 months since I have smoked. Last night i was at my son's birthday party and there were several people smoking. I had a thought about it but no urge. My daughter in law has recently gone back to smoking since the birth of their son. Each time they decide to get pregnant she stops smoking and doesn't smoke during the pregnancy or while breast feeding. but she goes back to it eventually. She doesn't smoke alot but I wish she wouldn't do it at all. Anyway almost a year. Godbless

Old 07-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: 11 months

11 months is amazing for me,you are really doing great! i have my own thread on here...bevann26. i really am having a hard time of it, any advice?
bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Congratulations On Your 11 Months, That Is Something To Be Proud Of. One More And It Is A Full Year ( I Am Sure You Needed Me To Figure That Out For You)lol
It Was Two Months For Me On Sat. So I Am Just Trailing A Bit.
Once Again Great Job

Jean

Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Hi Bevann, Sorry to hear that your having a hard time now. How long has it been for you? I know how it feels and I am sure everyone else here does too. It is not easy, if it was we all would not be posting each other. Hang in there and keep in touch. Love to know how you have changed your routine, that is the biggest help to me.
Keep posting, we are all behind ya.......

Jean

Old 07-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User

Hey peoples. It's been exactly 2 YEARS for me!!! WOO! I STILL get the occasional urge, which about a year or so ago I thought would never leave me, but I have to say that even in the 2nd year of quitting, the urges still decrease. So don't feel discouraged or worried if you're still getting urges/cravings (emotional ones only of course) after a year. They will lessen.

Good luck!!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

What insperation. 11 mos and a 2 year smoke free people. It can be done.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
(female)

MommaBryant HB User

Congratulations - 11 months, Way to go. Aren't you proud of yourself?

Old 07-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Yep, you bet it can. It wasn’t torturous either. I’ve posted before on here, can’t remember at what times in my quitting timeline. I think I even recall posting that I still got cravings and was wondering when they’d ever go away, but it’s all good. I hardly think about it now, but actually, the good thing is that when I DO think about it, get a random flashback or craving for the “old days” of smoking, I realise that I have absolutely no interest in smoking now because it would do nothing for me. I’d just feel nauseated and sick. The only way I could ever get back what I once had when I smoked (the FAKE emotionally positive feelings I got whilst smoking/craving cigarettes/relieving that craving), would be to smoke again, as a habit, and I refuse to do that.

I love feeling free and healthy, not chained to a pack of cigarettes.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevann26 View Post
11 months is amazing for me,you are really doing great! i have my own thread on here...bevann26. i really am having a hard time of it, any advice?
bevann
All I know is that I have tried several times and this time it seems to have stuck. Maybe I was just ready. Used the patch and hypnosis. Also started cutting down before I totally stopped. Godbless

Old 07-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

I cut down too. I cut back to 1-3 a day (down from over a pack a day, about 30 a day) before I quit altogether a week later.

I had 6 packs left when I decided to quit (I used to buy all my packs for the week at once), so I broke ALL the cigarettes in half and smushed them all over the ashtray...to kind of break the thought process of them having any value to me at all, you know?

Closed Thread