It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

gladys1123 HB User
Wink i need help

helllo board I am so depressed I have been smoke free for 1 month and 2 days and at first I was fine. The dr gave me wellbutrin xl let me begin by saying i was opn paxel for 2 years and got off so I can take the wellbutrin xl.
Now i am feeling tightness in my chest yet I know i am brathing fine at first I thought it was a sinus problem but no I am breathing fine. I have been so paniced and dont know why> Could this be withdrawel situaions? Please answer and tell me when can I start to feel better. I also have been feeling tired and i can't seem to stay on track. please help
Smoke free 33 days yippieeeeeeeeee

Last edited by gladys1123; 07-05-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: i need help

Gladys all of those of symptoms of withdrawls however I am unfamilar with wellbutrin I cold turkeyed it and had a miserable week of withdrawals what I can only imagine people whop use hard drugs go through. I did have panic attacks,exhaustion, nausia (SP?) sleeplessness, unpset stomach, the shakes and more. The worst week of my life to say the least I ahve to say I didn't start to feel human again even after the withdrawal week until 3-4 months now I am 13 months along and doing just fine. Talk to your Dr about these symptoms if they continue I pretty sure after a month you should be through the worst of it.

God luck and don't give up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #3
(female)

MommaBryant HB User

Gladys, I'm going thru the same things you are. Have been smoke free slightly over one month. I'm exhausted all the time. Was on xanax before quitting, and had to go to doctor for anxiety attacks, chest pains, etc. Hang in there, we're going to make it thru. Just try whatever kinds of relaxation techniques work for you. We can look forward to the 3-4 month timeline and celebrate when we feel human again.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
(female)

gladys1123 HB User
Wink Re: i need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBryant View Post
Gladys, I'm going thru the same things you are. Have been smoke free slightly over one month. I'm exhausted all the time. Was on xanax before quitting, and had to go to doctor for anxiety attacks, chest pains, etc. Hang in there, we're going to make it thru. Just try whatever kinds of relaxation techniques work for you. We can look forward to the 3-4 month timeline and celebrate when we feel human again.
Thanks for your reply MommaBryant
Today I went back to the dr. and am getting off welbutrin and going back on my paxil hopefully I will feel better soon as will you..
I mean dag you think your going to quit smoking and feel better right away what a lie. I will hang in there it aint easy as u well know I am also getting so emotional. Well Lets keep in touch o.k. God Bless.....

Old 07-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
(female)

gladys1123 HB User
Talking Re: i need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamsmom View Post
Gladys all of those of symptoms of withdrawls however I am unfamilar with wellbutrin I cold turkeyed it and had a miserable week of withdrawals what I can only imagine people whop use hard drugs go through. I did have panic attacks,exhaustion, nausia (SP?) sleeplessness, unpset stomach, the shakes and more. The worst week of my life to say the least I ahve to say I didn't start to feel human again even after the withdrawal week until 3-4 months now I am 13 months along and doing just fine. Talk to your Dr about these symptoms if they continue I pretty sure after a month you should be through the worst of it.

God luck and don't give up
Hey Liamsmom first let me start by saying way to go... 13 months God Bless....
Thanks for your reply. I did go to my doctor today and I asked her to hear my chest which she said was as clear as can be ...
She did say maybe welbutrin is not for me and took me off as of tommorow and she told me to go back on my paxil and to just keep not smoking. I have to pray and with the lords help and only with his help I will over come this....
God Bless and lets stay in touch....

Old 07-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
(female)

gladys1123 HB User
Talking Re: i need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBryant View Post
MommaBryant when you went to the dr. for5 anxiety did they put u back on xanax?

Old 07-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
(female)

gladys1123 HB User

Yes we will mke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
33 days for me

Last edited by gladys1123; 07-05-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Gladys and mammabryant ,

you guys are doing awesome your over the hardest hurdles.Keep going strong.Now its just the craving game,which they only last seconds.

Gladys years ago when welbutin first came out I was fine until after that 30th day and all sorts of funky panic attacks occurred.I'm glad your GP put you back on paxil.

Liamsmom,

I remember when you first quit,you've done a great job.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
(female)

gladys1123 HB User

Nufffs Thanks wow that is actually when i started bugging out with the wellbutrin on that 31 day. Werid u on the 3oth me a day later i felt strange depressed and i was there in the flesh but my mind was elsewhere abd those dag paniac attacks were the worst.
I pray God keeps us al;l strong and that we all celebrate the 2nd month God bless

Old 07-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Gladys,

I'm only on day 6 of being smoke free,on chantix,its been effective and I have no cravings for the cigs.I'm only on .5 mgs as GP is worried of interaction of other meds.I have multiple sclerosis and a laundry list of meds and 2 are sedatives(valium and ativan)I guess they aide the chantix,keep the mood swings down and all.Plus I'm on high doses of steroids do to a recent attack,so I can't tell what are steroid food cravings are nicotine keepping my hands busy cravings(lol).I need to gain about 16 pounds anyway.The weight I lost from 2 attacks since march.

I thought this was the perfect time to restart not smoking and I have to say this time so far has been the easiest.This time I plan on succeeding!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
(female)

gladys1123 HB User
Wink Re: i need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuffs3 View Post
Gladys,

I'm only on day 6 of being smoke free,on chantix,its been effective and I have no cravings for the cigs.I'm only on .5 mgs as GP is worried of interaction of other meds.I have multiple sclerosis and a laundry list of meds and 2 are sedatives(valium and ativan)I guess they aide the chantix,keep the mood swings down and all.Plus I'm on high doses of steroids do to a recent attack,so I can't tell what are steroid food cravings are nicotine keepping my hands busy cravings(lol).I need to gain about 16 pounds anyway.The weight I lost from 2 attacks since march.

I thought this was the perfect time to restart not smoking and I have to say this time so far has been the easiest.This time I plan on succeeding!!!!!!!
Great God Bless you...You will be just fine,,,

Old 07-06-2007, 06:34 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Gladys, I don't know if this is reassuring to you, but I'm almost 7 weeks smoke-free, quit Chantix a couple weeks ago and am just now having odd "effects." One day, I'll be very anxious, the next I might feel normal, the next I'll be very depressed and weepy.

I do not take anything for anxiety/depression and have no history of either.

My sinuses are also going a little wacky. I live in a swamp, lol, and steroidal sprays for sinuses are a must-do here. I didn't need it while on Chantix and now that I'm off Chantix, I'm noticing some REALLY strange things happening with my sinuses/ears. Yesterday I was sneezing nonstop; today I have a sore throat. Am I getting a cold? Is this a side effect of quitting? Is this a side effect of coming off Chantix? Who knows? (I'm taking some zinc today and plenty of fresh white tea today just in case ... that's for sure!)

Both DH & I are still so achy! He took Chantix for a few weeks; I took it for about seven. We both quit on 5/22, and we're both so achy still.

Honestly, I expect to have issues for a year. I believe that smoking does all kinds of things to our psyches and our bodies. When we remove the cigarettes, which affects so many aspects of our health, it makes sense that we're going to be "off." And I would imagine some thing might set in at differing times.

Best of luck to you in getting through this.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #13
(female)

PixieJen HB User

I read that a side effect of being on Chantix is sinus infection or upper respiratory infection... maybe it's still in your system. Or Maybe your just getting a cold. However, I have been getting sinus headaches, and i am now on day 5.
Also, I tried Welbutrin about 2 years ago and at first it made me nauseas when i had a smoke, then when i just though about it and within a week i felt nauseas all the time.
I also have a history of depression and tried Paxil, it made me insane. So I went on to Prozac, which really helped. I haven't been on antidepressants for about 5 years now. So, Gladys if The Paxil doesn't work maybe Prozac will?

Last edited by PixieJen; 07-10-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 AM   #14
(female)

gladys1123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladys1123 View Post
helllo board I am so depressed I have been smoke free for 1 month and 2 days and at first I was fine. The dr gave me wellbutrin xl let me begin by saying i was opn paxel for 2 years and got off so I can take the wellbutrin xl.
Now i am feeling tightness in my chest yet I know i am brathing fine at first I thought it was a sinus problem but no I am breathing fine. I have been so paniced and dont know why> Could this be withdrawel situaions? Please answer and tell me when can I start to feel better. I also have been feeling tired and i can't seem to stay on track. please help
Smoke free 33 days yippieeeeeeeeee
Hey all just a quick update I am feeling alot better and still smoke free I pray and thank God for helping me as well
as the support of you wonderful people in this group. God Bless we can all do this with God's grace.... 42 days smoke free for me yeaaaaaaaaaa

Old 07-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Happy to here your update Gladyss, I am very proud of you. Sometimes we just have to wait things out. It's hard I know but your doing it. Wonderful

Jean

I have been quit for 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 18 hours, 53 minutes and 48 seconds (77 days). I have saved $493.94 by not smoking 1,555 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days, 9 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM.

Closed Thread