It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
(male)

beranzo HB User
My story (I'm 2 hours into day 6)

So here it is...

Smoker since I discovered clove cigarettes when I was 18. Not heavily, one pack would last me a week. Turned to cigarettes when I was 20 or so, and have not been able to smoke cloves since - they're too harsh. 25 now, smoke free for 5 days, 2 hours, 25 minutes.

almost bought a pack today - stopped just in time!

I realize that when I am with my girlfriend, I don't feel the need to smoke, unless, of course, we have some big blow out. I "quit" for her a year ago, and still feel guilty that I smoked in secret until just recently, when apparently my entire attitude has changed, and I am set in my goal to be nicotine free. Some cravings today - those were my first, since I had my last smoke on Saturday noon.

Just wanted to throw out my story.

Like many others, I read Allen Carr's book, but a year ago, and today I have realized how it's helped me. Seriously, I am recalling the passages I read way back when, and it's helping me get over the addiction. Guess I wasn't really ready a yea ago. But I am now!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: My story (I'm 2 hours into day 6)

Good for you!! Six days are great! The nicotine is out of your system now and all you have to do is fight the habit and occaisional "want". Just take it hour by hour. Just realize that those cigarettes did not help with any stress or bad situations in the past. You will still get mad, you will still have stress and you will deal with them just not with a cigarette. I do not miss cigarettes any more. I think about them occaisionally but I do not need or want them anymore which is a great feeling. Next weekend will be 4 months quit for me! Stay strong cuz its really not that bad!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

I'm also on day 6 and almost through it.Stay strong and remember why you want to do this.

I went from 2 to 2 and a half packs a day to 0 with the help of chantix.I was on chantix 3 days and quit.

The nicotine is out of your system and now its just the cravings and those usually only last seconds.

The day I quit was the hardest day a mother could do,my 17 year old daughter left for the Navy,a stressful day and I chose that day as I knew it was gonna be stressful and if I could get through that ,I can handle the rest.I don't miss the cigs and the cravings have been very minimal as I keep focussed on why I decided to become a non-smoker and I keep mind on my daughter and how she's doing.As she left for the Navy ,she said ma if I can fight for my country,you can fight for you health(I have MS),she has tried for years to get me to quit.

She's correct,she's giving me the freedoms to choose my DRs and all,so when I see her in 9 weeks I will surprise her.But ultimatly I am doing this for me,she just nudged me a little,okay quilted me alot.I quess I needed it.But I'm feeling great.

Keep going strong,the hard part is over the first 3 days!!!!!

Stay STRONG!!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
(male)

beranzo HB User

Even my mother said that the first three days are the hardest...she quit by utilizing her hands to make me a puppet when I was about 3 or 4...

But today seems extra hard.

This is the first day I am without my girlfriend since I quit. Habits, you know...? She's gone, I smoke, she's there, I don't...

****. Still going strong, though. Thanks for those who've replied with encouragement - I'd love to read more!

Old 07-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Nuff, That is amazing, I am so proud of you. I just starting cutting back this week after two months. Three days for you unbelievable. Keep up the great quit. Keep posting to let me know how you are doing? You and your daughter should be so proud of each other.

Jean

Last edited by jeanusa; 07-05-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Jean,

My daughter doesn't know,I'll tell her in August when I see her graduate boot camp.

I can only take half of one of the chantix pills at a time,I quess my script will last forever.I take so many other meds that my GP is worried about conflicting side effects.

The thing is I have no desire nor the want and even being at a July 4th party where everyone seemed to be a smoker it didn't phase me.

I have noticed though I do have to use my bronchial inhaler,my lungs seem congested,it just may be the humidity.

Beranzo,

I hope your hanging in there,your through the roughest part.

Closed Thread