It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

Snorkelgal HB User
Wink On ChAnTiX--Day 5....Being Positive

Hello to all of you...NON-Smokers!!

I am trying it.... ...still on the little white pills but remaining positive!! Start the "blue ones" on Sunday!! Been looking at this site for a couple of days and thought I would join in. Seems to be the "place to be" when in need of a encouraging word or shout

I have heard wonderful things about Chantix...and a few down sides... like weird dreams but I won't allow myself to hear any of it as I really want to remain positive

So.....I am joining the circle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: On ChAnTiX--Day 5....Being Positive

Helloooooo, Snorkelgal Welcome!!!

Actually, the dreams were fantastic, IMHO. I'm finished with Chantix -- it worked ... I'm a nonsmoker! -- but I really, seriously, full-on miss the dreams. Better than any video or movie I've seen lately and practically free. I never had any bad dreams or nightmares; just weird, sexual or involving theme parks/work. In my case, I don't think it changed my dreams, per se. It just made them extremely vivid and memorable. It was no wonder I was wanting to go to bed so early and sleep in so late

I was even telling my DH last night I wonder what would happen to me if I just took a half of one of the blue pills regularly just for the dreams. I still have a ton of Chantix left and all of DH's six months' worth of refills. Heck, that'll give me years' worth of dreams!

Don't hesitate to come back if you have any troubles with the med or the quit. I think most people will agree that the worst part of the quit journey on Chantix is what you're going through right now; that is, smoking while on the med. You're already so positive, it should only get better from here on out.

How long ya' smoked? How much? What are your reasons for quitting?

Happy Friday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

Welcome Snorkelgal,

You are going to love being part of this board. Everyone is so supportive and helpful. It is like having a family that really understands what you are going through. My quit was cold turkey due to back surgery, so it is a little different from you, but I will still help however I can. I am currently 67 days quit and feeling very strong, which alot of thanks go to this board.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you on your journey.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
(female)

Snorkelgal HB User

Hello there again!

Thanks so much for replying to me!! I just got home a bit ago from work and did some yard work, cleaned the pool and thought I would check in.. .and I was sooooo happy to see the replies, this site is sooo going to help.

I have not smoked much today starting to taste bad....however, we are having a little fire the hubby and me tonight to celebrate our 24th anniversary and then my boys will be out of town tomorrow until Sunday.....but I believe I will be just fine. Actually my last day is suppose to be tomorrow for smoking, I picked that day because well...7-7-07 and 8 (Sunday) is my favorite number...so wish me well.....I quit cold turkey about 10 years ago (with the help of the Lord) and fooolish silly DUMB A** me picked it up again.......so this time...I am doing it....

The dreams... yes just starting to have them and I too am enjoying.....hopefully they stay ThAt WaY.....

I have smoked a long time so it seems........maybe about 25 years but I don't ever recall smoking a pack in a day.. however, lung cancer does run in the family.......

Have to run.. my boys are back.. I will be on definetly tomorrow night... I need ALL your support....I can and will do this..

Hugs!

Last edited by Snorkelgal; 07-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Welcome, and best of luck to you. I have had great success so far with Chantix, dreams are not bad, very little nausea and it only last minutes so good luck with that. I am very proud of you because I know the commitment you are making but remember the payoff is a big one. Hope to see more posts of yours.

Jean

Old 07-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Welcome,

I've been smoke free for 1 week after starting chantix,was on chantix and quit on day 3.

I have very minimal cravy's if any.

You'll do just great!!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
(female)

Snorkelgal HB User

Hello there again...

Was not having a good day today, I only hope it is not the medicine....just feel blue.. however, I spent some time on the site reading...(lots to read) my son was diagnosed with mild OCD years ago (very mild from what I read out there) and just reading up on things just well left me blue.........I am thankful it is mild but sad on how bad it is for some people....my heart breaks....My son does very well ... but there is just sooo much information on here and it left me sad.

I also had some beers (friends stopped in) and of course "tried" to smoke..... tomorrow is another day... my quit day... wish me well

I really appreciate the responses and the support.......off to bed to hopefully dream

Last edited by Snorkelgal; 07-08-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes the net can offer us to much info.I have a friend whose son has OCD,he's a young adult now and is doing very well.

Remember we all have days that we are blue,so it may not be the chantix.

I've been on Chantix for 11 days and smoke free for 8.I can't take more than
.5 mgs do to other meds.But so far its been effective.

You could be blue since tomorrow is your quit date.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #9
(female)

judy1172 HB User

Good luck, Snorkelgirl! I'm trying Chantix, too, and today was my first smoke free day! Hooray! I didn't pick it as my quit day, I just tried to hold off on smoking my first one of the day for as long as possible and here it is, midnight and I haven't smoked even one. Hopefully, Chantix will work the same way for you and in a few days you will feel ready to put down the smokes for good. I hope the blue feeling goes away and your willpower kicks in.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #10
(female)

Snorkelgal HB User

Feeling better today and PoSiTiVe

Wow I slept in again this morning... and only had the NoRmAl dreams...hoping I get some of the good ones like all the girls are talking about!!

Thanks to all you for being so positve and uplifting....today is another day.. I will check in from time to time... lots on my agenda....however, No Smoking.... none so far and I am not going there......

Hugs!

Old 07-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #11
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Great So Glad To Hear That, Your Doing Wonderful.

Have A Great Non Smoking Day

Jean

Old 07-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

So today's the big day, eh, Snorkelgal? Whoo-hoooo!!!!

And don't let those blues get to you. I'm not sure if they're from the med, from the quit, from the withdrawals -- that you're actually going through while you're smoking on the med -- or just life. The fact that you're able to wake up the next day with a positive outlook makes me think it's normal and what we've all gone through with our quits.

Stay real busy & don't smoke! You can absolutely do it

Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #13
(female)

dstewds HB User

What a fantastic day for you!!! Way to go and congratulations! You can do this!!

Old 07-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #14
(female)

Snorkelgal HB User

Hello there my NoN-SmOkInG Friends!!

Been staying real busy today.....home alone and getting a ton done....where is this energy coming from??? I have energy as a norm but today I am really working! And NOOOOOOOOOOOO Smoking!!!!!!

Just wanted to drop in and let you all know......will peek in again later!!

Big HuG!!
and again....thanks for all the kind words of support and encouragment!!

Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #15
(female)

PixieJen HB User

I am glad I found this board too. I am on my 4th day of Chantix and I'm not so positive. I don't know what to do in place of smoking. I know i am in my first week and can still smoke but I don't really crave one because I don't get any benefit from it any more...
I am 26 and have smoked for 12 years. I started early.
I am quitting because I want to get back in shape, so i started running and of course the whole lung cancer thing isn't very appealing to me.

Closed Thread