It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
(female)

pretty2121 HB User
Smile smoke free

It has been twelthe days smoke free for me,i find that i get the cravings bad at night time do u find this?.i am so detirmend to carry on i just hope that i dont get nothing bad

Old 07-08-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
(female)

lynxgal HB User
Re: smoke free

YAY pretty2121, I am cheering you on......I can't wait to hit day 12!!!!! Keep it up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Congratulations on your 12 days. Every day is something to shout about. I had morning and night cravings but as time goes by they are less and less, none at night now. Keep up the good work and keeps us updated on your progress.

Jean

Last edited by jeanusa; 07-08-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Way to go on 12 days!!!! Almost at two weeks

Evenings are the worst for me, too. That's the time I'm ending work, looking to relax and unwind, enjoy a good meal, catch up with family. I also smoked the most during that time.

Some things that have helped me:

Staying busy. I used to shoot for the quickest meal I could make. Not so anymore. The longer I'm in the kitchen, the better. I'm keeping busy in there, my hands busy, my mind busy. Plus, the food tastes incredible!!!

Try going for a walk right after dinner. Even just a stroll around the block. Let those dishes sit until you get back.

Whatever you did as a smoker for your evening routine needs to change for the next week or two. Watch tv in a different room, go to bed early, do a puzzle, read a book. Whatever you used to do, don't do that now. Change your evening routine as much as you can. After a week or two, slowly begin reintroducing some of your older habits/routines back into your evenings. I'm 48 days smoke free, and I've only just gotten comfortable watching movies on the couch after dinner in the past few days. This was a huge trigger for me. I could watch them in the bedroom, but not in the living room/den. See where you can change things up a bit.

If the evenings are the hardest for you, give yourself the biggest rewards at this time. Treat yourself to something special at dinner (or dessert!); light that expensive candle that you'd never be able to really appreciate as a smoker; take a bath or shower with a super-nice soap or bubble bath. Indulge in something during those hours. It doesn't have to be expensive -- or it can be! You're saving a lot of $$$ from not smoking. Rewarding yourself is SOOOO important, especially in those first few weeks.

Congratulations on a job well done. Keep it up!!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #5
(female)

Liz74 HB User

That's great pretty2121! The only thing harder for me than the evening is driving. I work out after work so by the time I come home and eat it's only a couple hours before bed. At that time I'm not going to go out to buy some if I'm craving. Maybe you could do something with non smoking friends in the evening, and the cooking is a good idea. That way you will take your mind off it and when you're done for the evening you won't feel like going out to buy some if you're craving.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
(female)

pretty2121 HB User

i take my mind off smoking by starting a new hobhby.iv started going gym i find that helps

Old 07-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Pretty,

I'm on day 16 and it gets easier.

I also go to the gym,thats usually morning so I don't look like a fool or make a fool out of myself,plus I enjoy the seniors that work out that early.Definatly releives that early morning urge to smoke.

I seem to have a tendency to have my main urges around 3 in the afternoon,dinner time and evenings don't phase me.but 3 in the afternoon does.So thats the time I find busy work or just count until it passes.

Keep going strong it gets a little easier each day.

Closed Thread