It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
feeling bad

hi thats me quit nearly 9 weeks but feel worse i am still coughing horrible brown stuff my nose is runny all the time and i am feeling like starting again i dont realy want to smoke again but i thought i would feel better when i stopted so its making me a bit depressed i dont think im ever going to feel right i think after smoking for 40 years it might be worse for me to stop sory to drag on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
(female)

jeanusa HB User
Re: feeling bad

Hi Sharon, I think your having a real hard time now, we all go through them whether your a smoker or not. I totally understand your feeling but do not give into it ,you will feel worse, you have done so well. I know I am going to have more days like your having and I am putting my trust into you guys. Let stick together and we all can do it. Keep posting and keep updating us on how you are feeling.

Don't give up the fight

Jean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks i think im just feeling a bit sorry for myself i gave up smoking for my grandson who i raise he gets frightened because we smoked he is only 9 and i did not realy want to give up so hopfully this will pass afyer 9 weeks of i think i would be letting him down as i promised i would give up so i will keep trying thanks again for the quick reply

Old 07-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Hi Sharon, My niece drove me crazy for so long about quitting but to be honest I think there was part of me that new she was smarter than me. I truly believe and correct me if I wrong but I never met a smoker who didn't want to quit. We can say we are doing it for someone else but deep down inside I think we are mostly doing it for ourself. Just my little input. You tell you 9 year old grandson that I am proud of him for sticking it to you. LOL

Keep it going and if you have to throw anymore pity parties invite me.

Jean

Old 07-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank did you smoke for long and have you quit for long did you use nrt sorry aint i nosy

Old 07-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Hi Sharon, I smoke longer than I thought, around 25 years when I calculated it I almost fell over. I smoke about a pack a day so needless to say it was to long. This is my first and last attempt at quitting, I just won't do that first week over I think about that every time I get the urge. It will be three months for me on July 30th ( I still can't believe that) The first week dragged . second by second, minute by minute (you know what I mean) but now it's ok. I am trying so hard just to think of me being a non-smoker. Put on a few pounds even going to the gym 5 days a week. I don't know how that happened.LOL Oh almost forgot, I am using Chantix. Went cold turkey for 2 and 1/2 days do I need to say more? I wish you all the best and hope to see a lot more updates on you.

Good Luck,

Jean

I have been quit for 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 18 hours, 57 minutes and 22 seconds (76 days). I have saved $487.61 by not smoking 1,535 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days, 7 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

good luck you are doing well i dont know what chanix is i am from thr uk i dont think they have it here i did give up smoking 25 years ago cold turkey but went back on them 2 years later i am using patches and inhaler now wikk keep posting to see how you do dont make the same mistake i made years ago i thought after two years i could have a couple on a night out and found it was very hard to stop again so i went on smoking for another 25 years i am 54

Old 07-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
(female)

MommaBryant HB User

Sharon, I've been quit for about 45 days and I'm real disappointed that I'm feel worse than I did when I smoked. But Let's not go back to smoking just yet. I smoked for 40 years, put alot of poisons in this old body. It's bound to take a while to adjust to not being poisoned on a daily basis. I think I'm going to go see my doctor again. If nothing else, he'll be able to reassure me there is nothing else going on. Think about doing the same, ok? But let's not go back to the cancer sticks.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

i wont go back on them if i can help it i would not like to go through the last 9 weeks again but as you said you would think you would feel better when you stop i definitly dont just have to hope that comes soon keep posting and let me know how you do

Old 07-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Sharon and MommaBryant, I must tell you both that I had a doctors appointment today and she asked me how I was doing with my quit. Without even realizing it I had very positive comments. It was shocking to me. For the first time in my quit I realized today that I am never going to smoke again. I wish I could explain this more clearly to the both of you but I don't know how to put it into words. I was never more positive than today, believe you me I have had my share of ups and downs but today was so different. So I say to the both of you hang on and do not give in.
Keep positing.

Jean

I have been quit for 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 18 hours, 48 minutes and 53 seconds (77 days). I have saved $493.92 by not smoking 1,555 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days, 9 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:19 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

Sharon and Momma,

Congratulations on your quits. You are both doing excellent! I had to quit cold turkey due to a back fusion on April 30th. I really hit a bad spot at about day 40. I posted here and found the greatest support and encouragement.

Keep up the good work and remember: When you have a question, concern or need to vent, this is the greatest place to do it.

This is me, cheering you both on!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

that sound good i hope i feel the same soon

Old 07-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

this webside has helped me a lot i dont know if i would stopped if i hadnt the people to talk to thank you all

Old 07-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

well i have been under severe stress today and have been smoking again i am very depressed with myself my son was put in intensive care as the result of someone beating him up that was in april today the same person started on him again and i am terrified he will harm my son again but my son just wont charge him i am at my wits end and sick that i started smoking again after saying i wouldnt

Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Sharon,

Don't beat yourself up,consider it a back slide and stress induced.

Keep talking to your son,he's hearing you,just keep talking.Is your son afraid of what may happen if he does file charges.I'd think that after being in intensive care that would have been enough.

You can start over,don't give up those nine weeks.But don't beat yourself up,that just makes it worse on you.

Closed Thread