It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User
1 1/2 weeks on chantix and still smoking need help

I started chantix a week and a half ago I am on the blue pills one in the morning one at night, yes I have cut down but the mornings are the worst, I dont know if its just habit but I always have a few cigs in the morning with my tea, can I use committ to help with the urge I am still working on totaly quitting having a little bit of a hard time this time.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
(male)

sobah HB User
Re: 1 1/2 weeks on chantix and still smoking need help

47 days for me without a butt. Mornings are the toughest. Just do it. It gets easier. doesn't go away....but it gets easier. JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
(female)

BeachLover74 HB User

hotdam, I know what you mean about mornings. I'm on day 2 with no cigs and yesterday was tough - morning was the worst. I smoke a few cigs with my coffee and it was my routine. I know that for many people on here, the chantix kind of took care of that for them. Cigs quit being appealing - they either tasted bad or they just didn't want them at all. For me, I think that cigs would have stayed appealing as long as I continued to smoke them. And if I hadn't gotten rid of all the cigs in the house, I probably would have smoked. Like I said, yesterday was tough - pretty much all day I thought about cigs, but I'm surprised that it wasn't tougher. The chantix really takes the edge off and today is easier already. it really is.
Good luck. you can do it!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
(female)

velveeta HB User

Sounds as if you are not ready to quit. Give the meds a bit more time say few days and then put the cigs in the trash. Please do not use commit as a crutch. Make that break from nicotine once and for all. It is time to find out how powerful you really are. Just do it. I know you can because I did it!!Good Luck!!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

I will give it a few more days than on Monday my sons birthday I will quit once and for all, I know I am stronger than the nicotine. As long as I change my behavior and thought process I can do it. Thanks for the replies.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
(male)

Jack45 HB User

I quit on April 1st. I was supposed to quit on Thrusday but I kept smoking until 4 PM Sunday. I would break down and buy a new pack but didn't give in on Sunday night and Monday morning. When I made it past 24 hours, I figured I had the worst beat and didn't want to have to go through the first 24 hours again.

It seemed to be easier after 24 hours and i kept on putting off smoking again. I made it until Tuesday night and found a partial pack in my car. I knew that if I smoked one it would be harder to say 'No" to the next one. I also knew that the first one wouldn't be any good since my lungs had gotten out of the shape and I would cough a lot. That, and not wanting to go through the first 3 days again, kept me from smoking this piece of a pack.

I have now made it 16 weeks and haven't broken down. Not smoking is a piece of cake now and I feel like I have it licked. It has been hard to say "No" because I have wanted a cigarette real bad but I haven't wanted one so bad that it literally "hurt". I credit the Chantix with that.

Keep saying "No" Trust me, the longer you go without one, the easier it gets.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:39 AM   #7
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Sobah, Congratulations on your quit. You must do a TV ad on quitting smoking, it would be a short one. LOL You are right and to the point.

Please keep posting...

Jean

I have been quit for 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 7 hours, 40 minutes and 57 seconds (82 days). I have saved $522.72 by not smoking 1,646 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days, 17 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Ok its Monday and it hasnt happened, I dont know whats wrong with me, however, I had a pack of cigs since yesterday morning and I still have quite a bit left, the cravings or urges to not smoke are lasting allot longer, for instance, I always had a cig after dinner and last night I did not want one, than hours later when I lit one I put it out it tasted disgusting. Did not have one the rest of the night, until this morning which is the worst, I had a couple than took my chantix and the cravings to not smoke kicked in, I guess the quit date is going to pick me.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Sometimes you have to let the day pick you.I knew mornings would be rough so I joined the fitness center and go every morning 8 am,just to work out a little.If I was smoking the work outs wouldn't benifit me.

Try altering your morning schedule a little.It may help.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Nuffs, I believe that is what will happen, I also have an AB lounge so maybe I will start doing that in the mornings before I start work and skip the afternoons. I work from home so it is easier for me than going to a fitness club.Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

your welcome,you can do this,when the time is right.

Closed Thread