It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
1st time ever--made it to 90 days!!!

Hi all! I haven't posted for a while because I physically haven't been feeling well for the past few months. Gall bladder, diverticulosis, hives and other stuff, but I'm here to say--I MADE IT TO 90 DAYS!!!! Never in my life have I ever made it this far and I don't know if I will ever relapse, but for right now it's been wonderful not having a ball and chain. It's the first time since late 1974 that I haven't had to run outside for a smoke. It's wonderful not having all of your things, including your pocketbook, smell like tobacco. I gave up soda at the same time and even lost 10 pounds. This is not me doing this. It may look like me going day to day without the butt, but ( and I'm not super religious) I firmly believe that God is doing this. Believe me, there are times that I want that cigarette so badly, it drives me nuts, but then I start thinking about something else and it passes. I don't know what I would do if I relapsed this time--I've relapse so many times after trying to quit starting 15 years ago, but just for today I will find something else to do. Just wanted to drop a line and wish everyone on the board a happy quit and to those who want to quit or have recently relapsed, don't despair. When you least expect it, it happens and it is truly a miracle. God bless all and take care--Hopeto--

Old 07-25-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: 1st time ever--made it to 90 days!!!

Goody for You! Feeling the power are you! I am as happy for you at 3 months as I was for myself! Keep up the awesome job!! Baby steps, one day at a time! The longer you hold out the stronger you become!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Congrats,you are in control.Remember they are just urges and you are doing an awesome job.

Keep up the great work and take each day as they come.

I'm on day 26,I've never made it passed 28 days,I'm really focusing on making this a life altering change for good.

Yes,its great not to have tobacco in everything or the smell in the house,car on your clothes.

Here's to a healthier us!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Many congrats hopeto you've deinately made it passed the roughest point. keep up the greatwork and soon you'll posting your one year anniversary.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

Congratulations! I firmly believe in the grace of God. Where it is easy or easier to go through what you need to. Godbless

Old 07-27-2007, 05:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Way to goooooo!!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Congrats to everyone!! You guys are awesome!! Today is my 22 weeks quit!!! I had never made it past a week before taking "the drug"... It's funny - my husband, sister and friend all quit at the same time, and we have all stayed quit! It helps to have someone go thru it with you. We don't even think about smoking any more. It's great and I'm proud of myself. (Course I gained about 10 lbs but that's okay, I'll get it off)....

Good luck to you all and keep up the great work!!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #8
(female)

MommaBryant HB User

Way to go. I am so happy for you!!! I am one of those that has recently relapsed. Thanks for the encouragement.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:28 AM   #9
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Congratulation Hopetofeelwell on your 90 days.... I am right with you today 90 for me today. I can't believe it. I sure you remember the first two weeks counting every second of every day...... I am so glad that is behind me. Days dragged now they are going to fast.
I am so happy for you and so proud of knowing how hard you work at this. AWESOME YOU

Jean

I have been quit for 2 Months, 4 Weeks, 7 hours, 29 minutes and 24 seconds (89 days). I have saved $567.12 by not smoking 1,786 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 4 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM.

Closed Thread