It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
(female)

iloveanderson HB User
Question on again/off again

hey i was wondering if it was possible for the body to be intolerant to nicotine?

Last edited by iloveanderson; 08-23-2007 at 01:48 AM.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: on again/off again

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and change one thing in my life, just one thing, it would be the first time I put a cigarette to my lips. How stupid was that. I can not change that but I am doing the next best thing. After a 35 year 1-2 pack a day habit/ADDICTION I have quit cigarettes for good. I have not smoked in 4months 12 days and 12 hours. It is a daily battle to say no to cigarettes but I am getting it done one day at a time. I implore you sounding fairly young, to please stop smoking. There is nothing social about smoking. Look around you! Smokers are now looked at like the social outcasts that they really are. Every time you light up and get sick from it, that is your body rejecting the poison you are trying to inhale. Smoking makes you feel like a rebel. Now that is laughable! Because just being young makes you a rebel sweetheart! Quitting now will be easy so just don't smoke. You probably feel like you have it under control but you don't, it has you under control. I used to think the same thing and it is very far from the truth. Well now I am probably sounding like your parents so I will hush now. Good Luck in whatever you decide!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
(female)

BeachLover74 HB User
Re: on again/off again

I'm with you velveeta, if I could change one thing in my life, it would DEFINITELY be to never have started smoking. When I first started smoking at around age 14-15, I didn't do it much but I felt so cool. Nevermind that it would make me turn green and SO sick and that most of my friends thought I was gross, I was determined to be "cool." what a moron I was. and now, at age 32, i'm trying to stop and it is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Anyway, I agree with velveeta - i think your body is just rejecting the cigarettes. They made me sick when I first starting smoking them and also throughout many of those years when I wasn't smoking regularly. I would give anything to have listened to my body and never let them hook me.

Closed Thread