It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Made it 4 weeks smoke free

This is a mile marker for me.4 weeks and a non-smoker.I have made several attempts and they never lasted.

Chantix has helped,taking a half a pill ever morning,but in all honesty this time has been will power and the want.

Plus I have done it for me,not my kids,family,Drs.I think this has made a differance.

Plus I have been dealing with a life long illness and smoking won't hurt it but it darn sure won't help it and I don't need to add other illnesses to it.

Now I'm hoping to hit the next miler marker,the next 4 weeks.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User
Re: Made it 4 weeks smoke free

Way to go, Nuffs!!!

You really need to be proud of yourself and do something to celebrate, have dinner out, treat yourself to a spa treatment or get your nails done. Always remeber to give yourself that little reward, it goes a long way toward cementing the good feelings about being a non-smoker. Can't wait until your next 4 weeks. Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
(female)

jeanusa HB User

CONGRATULATIONS NUFF, WE ALL KNOW WHAT A MILESTONE YOU HAVE MET. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND AS BWITHT SAID " WE WILL ALL BE WITH YOU AT THE NEXT 4 WEEKS. YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF, I KNOW I AM.

JEAN

I have been quit for 2 Months, 4 Weeks, 7 hours, 16 minutes and 30 seconds (89 days). I have saved $567.07 by not smoking 1,786 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 4 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the support.

I did do a little shopping for myself today.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Man, that's awesome, Nuffs!!!!

Way to go

Old 07-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
(female)

ariel7 HB User

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!!!

What you have accomplished is just impressive. Good for you and for your lungs and for your longeivity with your family and friends!

You are setting the standard for all of us who are following, so keep it up, StenoLady!

Old 07-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
(female)

ariel7 HB User

OOps, I mixed up StenoLady with Nuffs. I think SL is ahead of Nuffs, right? Anyway, sorry. So let me keep my BRAVOS with StenoLady (who is over two months smoke-free, or more?) and ALSO give them Nuffs.

E-nuff, right NUffs? And you have done it. BRAVO a thousand times.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks ladies,

Stenolady I enjoy reading your replies,

Ariel7 I know your just beginning this path.Stay strong,focussed,and you'll beat the demon.

Its not been hard with the help of chantix,just a half a pill every morning.I'm not ready to stop the chantix yet.

After smoking 23 years 2 packs a day I didn't think I'd make it a week,but here I am at 4 weeks.So if I can do it ya all can also.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuffs3 View Post
Thanks ladies,After smoking 23 years 2 packs a day I didn't think I'd make it a week,but here I am at 4 weeks.So if I can do it ya all can also.
Isn't it amazing? I'm just flabbergasted when I see this over and over and over. And I'm right there in that group with you. I questioned whether I'd make it through the first 72 hours. And I'm such a wimp! I can't believe the cravings just never got so bad that I was going out of my mind.

I had about 45 minutes or so to chat with a family physician the other day -- not in the doctor/patient relationship context. He's also amazed at Chantix. He's never seen anything like this. Every one of his patients have quit smoking when using Chantix. Every one! He said it used to be he'd give his obligatory speech to his patients about smoking, offer info about the NRT on the market, cold turkey, other aids, and about 5 percent of them would report back smoke-free. In the year he's been talking about Chantix and writing scripts for it, every one of his patients who he's talked to about it have ended up smoke-free.

And the study done with alcohol is amazing, too. My mother and I both quit biting our nails (we bit our nails really bad ... down to nubs) on Chantix without even realizing it. One day, we just looked down, and our fingers and nails were beautiful. I belong to another support group where a lot of the ladies enjoy gambling at the slot machines. They have zero desire to go gamble. They go, go through the motions, but most have left early.

I think smoking is only the tip of the iceberg here.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel7 View Post
OOps, I mixed up StenoLady with Nuffs. I think SL is ahead of Nuffs, right? Anyway, sorry. So let me keep my BRAVOS with StenoLady (who is over two months smoke-free, or more?) and ALSO give them Nuffs.

E-nuff, right NUffs? And you have done it. BRAVO a thousand times.
LOL, Ariel! Thank you! Yes, tomorrow is ten weeks for me. I quit on Tuesday, 5/22.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:19 AM   #11
(female)

BeachLover74 HB User

way to go nuffs - that's awesome!!! You should be proud!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks all,

Stenolady the talk you had with GP is very interesting a friend of mine up North is taking chantix and something else for weight loss and has great effects with it.

I know this med blocks the neuro transmitters in the brain,so I'm wondering is it blocking the ones for bad habits or compulsive ideas?

My neuro was highly aggitated when I started chantix as I have multiple sclerosis and the neuro transmitters are already scrambled to begin with.My GP done research and even called the company to make sure it wouldn't aggrivate the ms.

I decided to play russian roulette.I had a choice,continue smoking 2 packs a day or have my symptoms flair -up.

Well ya all know I decided to take the chance,I definately like the choice I made.My symptoms have flaired but still manageable.

I still plan on another 30 days of chantix,half a pill every morning then skipping to everyother day and so forth.

Ya never know,maybe I'll get back to jogging someday(lol)

But if I can manage to get this far the rest of ya can.Each day is a new step in the right direction.

Closed Thread