It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

DannDees HB User
day 3 on chantix....help????

So I have tried a cabillion times to stop smoking and never lasted 24 hours. I smoke 1 pack a day for 20 years. I am confused,am I to quit on my 7th day or quit on the eighth day. I have overcame pain pill addiction, lost 30 lbs, and many other hard things but these cigs have gotten me and I pray to god this is the beginning of my life as a non smoker. I would like to speak with someone quittng on same day as I and people that have been through this and made it..I am so scared to fail on this as I feel like its my last hope as I have tried everything b4 and I mean everything from hypnosis to shock therapy in the ear. alot of wasted money but i would pay a million more to be a non smoker I want it so bad...Please tell me there is someone out there that thought they could never do it and did. I know alot of people that quit for months then go back but I can never even make it 24 hours, anyone else like me and still quit on chantix. If I was to make it a week I know I would never pick one up ever again...thanks and sorry for rambling...chelle

Old 07-28-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: day 3 on chantix....help????

I was a 2 pack a day for 23 years and have been nicotine free for 4 weeks with the help of chantix.

Like you I have quit time after time,tried the hypnosis and all.I quit on day 4 of taking chantix.The info says day 8,but some have waited longer.

Currently chantix is a med that one doese fits all.I have taylored mine and only have had to take a half a pill in the morning and half at night,now just taking half in the morning.

Chantix is not a miracle drug,you have to be committed.With the committment and chantix they are effective.

You will get lots of support here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
(female)

DannDees HB User

nuffs, hi and thank you for your reply. I just read your other post, wow congrats...real inspiration. you quit on day 4..I was thinking of quitting already also cause i want to get this show on the road but was scared not to do it by the book. I don't want to screw it up..the cigs i find now are not "GREAT" just kinda what I do. I think I am going to try to quit in morning after first cig. I HATE BEING A SMOKER but love smoking...lol thanks again nuffs and if you pray please put me in there...

Old 07-29-2007, 04:12 AM   #4
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Hi, Dee, and Welcome , First off don't be scared, this is something positive that you are doing for yourself, so that is a good thing. Yes, I am one of those people who thought they could never do it and today is 3 months for me.. totally unbelievable. I also took Chantix and only started taking half of a blue pill in the am a week ago today and now it will be a half every other morning. Dee, this is so doable but in the begining just keep yourself busy, water and exercise. Keep posting and once again congratulations on your decision.

Jean

Last edited by jeanusa; 07-29-2007 at 04:12 AM.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
(female)

velveeta HB User

I was going to die a smoker.! I tried everything and until I got real with myself, nothing worked. I smoked 35 years 1-2 packs a day. Now I am a non smoker! I love it! I smoked my last cig the evening of Mar 12th 2007. I was assisted by Chantix but I quit by myself on my ninth day of taking the med. I stopped the med on May 6th and am doing well. The nicotine makes you say you like to smoke! You know that is not true. What is there to like? If you truly want to quit with the help of Chantix you can. Beleive in yourself please! It is so great having the power over nicotine! I am cheering for you! Stay with us you will see!!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Deeanndees, welcome!

I didn't quit on day 7 or 8; I quit on day 15.

But I was convinced Chantix wouldn't work, just like everything else I'd tried.

I'd smoked 20 years, the last five or so up to 2 1/2 packs per day. I enjoyed smoking. Yeah, I knew they were bad for me, expensive, would kill me, social stigma, yada, yada, yada, but, boy, I did enjoy smoking. My husband, mother & I all quit together, so a big chunk of me felt forced to quit.

Whatever. It worked. Tomorrow's ten weeks smoke-free for me, I'm off Chantix (as is mom and hubby), and none of us regret our decision to quit with Chantix. The first week without smokes is hard, yes, but a cake walk compared to other quit attempts. I think the hardest part of the quit-with-Chantix journey were those days I smoked while on the med leading up to my quit date.

Please don't be scared! There is truly nothing to be scared of. You are going to be amazed

Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #7
(female)

DannDees HB User

thanks everyone. these boards are wonderful. Today I am on day 5 and still smoking. I am a stay at home mom so after every lil chore i do my reward was to head to garage to smoke and get peace and quiet for a minute. It's not the same anymore but its a habit that I am going to have to break. I am going to do it, just hope when time comes I don't pull out all my hair doing it or hurt a kid..lol jk... congrats to you all!! hopefully I can be bragging that I am a non smoker sooner...thanks again...will keep you all posted

Old 07-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Dee,

When your ready to say no more the first few days are hard,but my 2 kids still at home still living,I still have my hair and my garage is nice and clean(lol).

Its a day by day,its little steps.If you are committed you will succeed.Keep in mind that stress no matter how much it is will be there if we smoke or if we don't and smoking will not help it.

I have found that since I have not been smoking,I'm alot calmer.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 PM   #9
(female)

DannDees HB User

well thank you all so much. Tomorrow is officially my last day to smoke. I have been doing the activities that are on the chantix website.( the get quit program) , I find these activities are really helpful. like brainwashing...lol.. QUESTION___will i feel a big difference in taking 2 blue pills vs 2 white pills? the dreams popped in the last 2 nights but they only came after I layed in bed for 2 hours trying to fall asleep. Also, I timed how long it took me to smoke a cig and it was 10 minutes and I smoke a pack ,at least , a day. Thats alot of extra time I will have so I have decided with my extra 3 hours and 20 minutes a day i will exercise, give myself pedicures, manicures,take extra long baths and just enjoy life...thats alot of waisted time on cigs...good luck to you all on your journey and thanks for being here for me.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
(female)

jellybean3009 HB Userjellybean3009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StenoLady1 View Post
Deeanndees, welcome!

I didn't quit on day 7 or 8; I quit on day 15.

But I was convinced Chantix wouldn't work, just like everything else I'd tried.

I'd smoked 20 years, the last five or so up to 2 1/2 packs per day. I enjoyed smoking. Yeah, I knew they were bad for me, expensive, would kill me, social stigma, yada, yada, yada, but, boy, I did enjoy smoking. My husband, mother & I all quit together, so a big chunk of me felt forced to quit.

Whatever. It worked. Tomorrow's ten weeks smoke-free for me, I'm off Chantix (as is mom and hubby), and none of us regret our decision to quit with Chantix. The first week without smokes is hard, yes, but a cake walk compared to other quit attempts. I think the hardest part of the quit-with-Chantix journey were those days I smoked while on the med leading up to my quit date.

Please don't be scared! There is truly nothing to be scared of. You are going to be amazed
StenoLady, you give me hope!
I've been reading all these posts where people no longer desired to smoke after a few days and it made me feel like a failure. Today is my 5th day on Chantix and nothing has changed. I still feel the same cravings. Hopefully I just need to give it a few more days to work.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Hi, Jellybean!

Yes, don't think the med isn't working just because you might not have vivid dreams or smokes don't taste bad to you or you don't have the "fog."

I think I would suspect the med isn't working if you've been quit for a good week or so and you're absolutely raving mad for a cigarette. You really can't tell, IMO anyway, if the med is or isn't working until you put down the smokes and see how you do.

Best of luck! It's really so exciting Check back and let us know how you do.

Closed Thread