It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
new quit day today!

first of all i want to thank all of you who responded to my last thread. i am now ready to quit again, and hope you all are ready to join me.
by the way, i did have to smoke the whole carton, before i got in the right mind set again! hubby has actually bought another 5 pks and says he's going cold turkey when he's done with them. he did not like the side effects of the chantix. at this point i can't worry about him, it would just be easier on me if he was'nt smoking!
my 4 yr old granddaughter was here on thurs. she picked up on my smoking again right away, of course! i made a promise to her that when i go to her house on sun.(today) i would not be smoking.
i hope all of you can remain strong in your quits........bevann

Old 07-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: new quit day today!

Bevann, We are here with you and now that you know what to expect I know that you can accomplish this quit. It will be a day to day decision to stay quit for a long time to come but it does get easier. I quit a month before my husband and then he quit. I am almost 5 months and he is almost 4 months quit. I know you can do this cuz I did it!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Bevann, I am with you all the way. It is so doable and today I am living proof of that. To make a long story short my biggest trigger is boredom. BF was suppose to be here today but plans got messed up and I found myself alone. It has been three months for me and this is probably the third biggest craving that I have had. I thought craving were over boy was I wrong. So what I did was get off my butt and to the gym I went. Two hours later I feel like a new person, now I know I can do this. I just thought how could I ruin the time I have put into this????? So needless to say I feel stronger today than I have any other day in the past, and just to let you know this craving was the shortest time. YAHOO

I just feel so happy right now

Everyone have a great NON SMOKING Sunday

Jean

I have been quit for 2 Months, 4 Weeks, 1 Day, 11 hours, 19 minutes and 25 seconds (90 days). I have saved $574.49 by not smoking 1,809 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 6 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM.

Last edited by jeanusa; 07-29-2007 at 08:19 AM.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Bevann,

You can do this.You've done it before.

My father all most pushed me over the edge,almost bought a pack,but he ain't worth it.He's a stupid drunk always has been and he smokes terrible(3 paks a day).His verble bull crap isn't worth giving up my 4 weeks of not smoking.

Stay strong!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hello everyone! well, i have a confession to make. had last cig at noon on sun.
we took our 2 granddaughters (by my sons first marriage) home for the week. on mon. at 4pm, got call from their mother verbally abusing them and me when we each talked to her(she is manic). we were all in tears because she said they could not stay the wk as planned. it was a terrible upset, we are only up here for 3 mos. every yr. anyway i had another breakdown and started smoking again!
i don't know if i would have smoked if hubby did not have cigs in house. so, what did i do but go out and buy 4 pks! i am still on chantix and feel lousy smoking. i don't know why i have trouble with a stressfull situation and smoke again! i have to get over that!
i am so glad you are all here to listen to good and bad.....bevann

Last edited by bevann26; 08-01-2007 at 06:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
(female)

DannDees HB User

BEVANN...WELL YOU CAN START AGAIN TOMORROW WITH ME...I really need someone on same quit day as me...I have never made it to 24 hours quit. I am so pathetic but I have to do it this time. I am sick of all the waisted time money and the ownership the cigs have over me..I have already warned my kids that if I am a grouch to ignore me..I have like 10 cigs left and plan on smoking them within the next 3 hours. I am so scared of failing but I have to believe in myself. I read these boards over and over for inspiration. Feels like I am different from most when it comes to cigs.. feels like I could never quit but determined to make a liar out of my feelings. I am a strong women that has overcame huge obstacles and this one I will overcome if I have to give my car away for awhile...God knows I won't walk to the store..lol..

Old 08-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

deeann....i wish you all the luck in the world. it is really a struggle to stay quit. i have broken down and smoked twice because of severe stress.
hubby had quit on 6/25 with me, but he started again when i went back to smoking the first time. i have 1 pk left and he asked me if i needed cigs when he went to store yesterday, i said no (thank god that word came out of my mouth) so, he came back with a carton for himself. i guess this time i will be quiting on my own, which will make it harder.
i will smoke that pack (for some reason cannot throw them out!) then i'll be joining you.
by the way i'm on chantix, are you on any nrt?
praying for you and everyone else on here to have the will power to stay quit.
bevann

Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
(female)

DannDees HB User

Hi bevv!! yes I am on chantix also. I put my last cig out last night at midnight, so its been almost 12 hours and actually not near as bad as it has been in past.then again i haven't been awake too long. I had these big plans of all the things I wanted to do in place of smoking but I just feel like sitting here. I am sooo tired for some reason...I feel like if i ever could get past 24 hours I would be so proud of myself that I wouldn't pick up again but what do i know, never made it that far to see how hard it gets..I hope to see you posting..your journey is helpful and want to see it to the happy end..

Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

You will always have stress in your life. I am in perimeopause and have had problems with anxiety and depression due to this. So then I decide to stop smoking. I went off the patch 3 weeks ago and since then I have had problems with depression and now am not sleeping well. I am also getting some anxiety. Apparently I am one of those who have a problem getting off of the nicotine. I don't have physical symptoms but mood symptoms due to the dopamine . I also have other stresses in my life. It is hard when you are a stress smoker to quit. But you can do it. So keep trying. And one cigarette isn't the end of the world. Godbless

Old 08-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Marian,

I agree with ya we are always gonna have stress.

When I was going through the diagnosis process of multiple sclerosis,I increased my smoking somedays to 3 packs a day and for what.

When dealing with a permanant and disabling disease your gonna have stress.I finaaly decided one dibilitating illness was enough,smoking was just adding to the MS.Its been 35 hard days since I have smoked.

We are all gonna have stress in our lives,we had it pre-smoking,while smoking and post smoking.Its finding new ways of dealing with it.

Ya must ask yourselves,once you started smoking again,did the stressful situation resolve?

You can do this,if you are strong enough to smoke,you are stronger to quit.
We all have adversities in our lives,many can be overcome.Stay strong.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #11
(female)

Skimmer HB User

You all are great with your support for each other. That's what got me thru my quit - coming on this message board everyday, several times a day, reading what other people wrote, seeing if someone wrote me back, seeing if someone else was in as much pain as I was. Knowing that, there were others who had walked in my shoes, but overcame it and was able to quit and stay quit. That was very encouraging to me. I am here to encourage you all who are having trouble. Do not the let the nicodemon take a hold of your life! You are much stronger than that. Think about each cig and why you are having it - and do you really need it? Wait at least 5 mins before smoking the cig - and think about it the whole time you are smoking....Take a walk if you feel like having one. Take deep breaths, anything to keep your mind off wanting that cig. The first few days, weeks are the worst. I was depressed, cried for no reason, felt I was giving up my "best friend". It was very sad, but exciting at the same time. I wanted to be free of smokes for good - I wanted to be like everyone else who was smoke-free and enjoying life as a healthy person. Plus I didn't want to die young!!

So, whatever you need to do to keep yourself from smoking, you need to do it! For you! Not for your kids, your hubby, your bf, your mom, your dad. Do it for you!! You are worth it living for, aren't you???

Good luck in your quits, and keep up the great encouragement for each other. It really does help. Everyone here is a Godsend.....

Skimmer

In 4 hours, I will be 6 months quit!! WOO HOOO FOR ME!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
(female)

DannDees HB User

skimmer you are right it is so helpful to know someone is going through "HECK" with you!!

Old 08-04-2007, 06:09 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi all! had my last cig on 8/2 @9:30 am. things went pretty well, got over a craving quickly etc. i am having my am coffee right now and have a plastic coffee stirrer going between my mouth and hand. this is the time of day i had a constant cig going. i am going to do this, and have to find a different way to deal with stressfull situations instead of thinking as lighting up as my first option!!
best of luck to all of you, this board is wonderful!
bevann

Old 08-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #14
(female)

simple101 HB User

Do not feed the little monster!

Every little puff makes the withdrawl keep going. I used to have just a puff then put it out each day. My skin got itchy all over and it was pure toture.

When I had a few weeks on an anti-depressant, I stopped for good- with a few still in the pack! I used the insanity to go excersise like crazy and made it finally! You can do it!

Closed Thread