It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User
today is the day I quit for good, this will be the second and last time.

I have been on Chantix for 3 weeks now and if I smoked 4-6 cigs a day that was allot, since I was a pack a day smoker, I have decided today is the day, I quit for 3 months before and I can do it again and stay quit. I will probably keep taking the chantix for a while longer. I just want to start feeling better again like I did when I quit before, I should have never lit one up and start dealing with stress differently and certainly not turn to smoking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
(female)

DannDees HB User
Re: today is the day I quit for good, this will be the second and last time.

hot dam!!! you are with me...today is my first day without cigs. I read in another post by someone that smoking is not an option and the last 4 hours has been a lil hard but that quote has helped alot. Just pretending like they were banned and not making them anymore..silly I know but its helping...lets do this!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

I am right there with ya. it is a little hard right now but I can do it and so can you.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
(female)

DannDees HB User

hot dam how is it going...it is 3 p.m. my time so it now has been 15 hours.. after i ate was real hard but doing ok..better then i expected..how are you and when did you feel real good after you quit first time...

Old 08-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Dee, so far so good, it has been 12 hours for me, your right after dinner was a little tough but I did very well, it was a passing thought, no cravings yet. I started to feel allot better a few days after, however I went through some tough withdraws, irritability was the number one, coughing, constantly clearing my throat, everyones withdraws are different i felt like i had all of them. hoperfully this time I wont have any. Keep me posted on your days.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
(female)

DannDees HB User

hot dam...glad to hear you doing so good...Me? well at 20 hours now and not so goo... haven't smoked but really really want to.. I have NEVER EVER gone this long without smoking..Keep up the good work and keep posting that you r not smoking...gives me strength...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:45 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Dee, of course you are going to want one I do too, it is day 2 and so far so good, I really dont crave, I want one because I am use to having one with my tea in the morning, but that was a habit which I am breaking, we need to change our habits when we were smoking. We can do it, we will feel so much better because of it. let me know if you have any withdraws, I already have one which is my nose running LOL.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

hotdam and dee you can do this,the first 3 days are the hardest.I'm on day 35 and its still a little rough at times.

Take one day at a time.

You both can make it.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Nuffs yes the first 3 days are the toughest but we can do it.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
(female)

DannDees HB User

If the first 3 days r the worst then I am half way through the worst part. I have never done anything this hard. The cravings are short but they come so often..like 10 second cravings with 2 minute intervals. The dang chantix has me not sleeping so I am wide awake for these long days. Last night was the longest 5 hours of my life..I am venting but not being negative. I have came too far to turn back now. I am so proud of myself. Wow all you long time quitters are some very strong people. keep on keeping on!!!thanks for all the support..

Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Dee, one more day and we will be over the hump, it will only get better from here on, if your having trouble sleeping talk to your doc and see what he can do for you. Honestly I havent had a craving in hours since i got off of work at 5 and its now 11:30pm.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:17 AM   #12
(female)

DannDees HB User

Hi hot ...well its 1a.m. my time which makes 48 hours no smokes for me..Glad you are doing good. You are so lucky you get to go to work to get your mind off of it.
AS much as I know its not true I feel like if I just had one I could get motivated and get something done. I have done nothing but eat,drink and dishes since I quit.
I am really glad to have these boards. Seems noone around me is proud or amazed..lol.. I told my son when it was 46 hours and he said "THATS NOT THAT LONG" well it has felt like eternity for me. I think everyone around me doesn't really have faith in me because I must have said a million times that I am quitting but never got past 24 hours, dang I don't think I made it past 12..thanks again for listening. I can't wait for time to fly by and a year from now I can look back on these old post and remember how hard it was to stop..

Old 08-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

deeann...on a previous post i had quit for 3 days under a month. i had no desire to do anything either. i think it was depression for me, feeling the loss of cigs.
i had to force myself to move eventually, but i would say the first 2 wks my energy was zapped. i am disabled and don't work either. right now i am in a 38' travel trailer in nh. we spend 3 mos every yr here because our family is all here. so, up here i don't have alot to do anyway, but did even less. we are going home to fl on 8/27 and by then i will be almost a month cig free and hope to have more energy to move!
tootsie roll pops worked for me, keeping the wrapper nearby so i could use it when i had a craving. also, the hard plastic coffee stirrers are a good hand to mouth thing.
hubby is still smoking, i just don't watch him smoke. if a crave does'nt pass quickly, in my head i swear at the cigs and think smoke and die.
hope this helps you a little. i also noticed others on here have close quit dates to ours, lets stay strong together!
to you senior quitters, you are wonderful for all your help on here, and i admire you for staying quit...keep posting, you are really helping us newbies!
bevann

Old 08-04-2007, 09:42 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Dee, I Know it is hard, I have been cleaning all morning and honestly havent thought about it, just stay busy, We are all proud of you, you should be proud of yourself your doing great. are you still taking chantix?

Old 08-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #15
(female)

DannDees HB User

ya i am taking the chantix..do i see a difference? only when I was smoking, made cigs taste stale. I don't see difference in cravings now...congrats u r doing it again..

Closed Thread