It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

DannDees HB User
velveeeta

Help...I have four more hours to go to the 24 hour mark and I feel lonely like i lost my best friend...Did you experience this??? I am far from being lonely, house fulll of kids and phone doesn't stop..I just have that same feeling as when I am...I thought this chantix was making it easier but right now i want to smoke sooooo bad......I am not but I do need to see light at end of tunnel... you swear it gets easier? I have craved bad since I ate.. I gonna try not to eat tomorrow...maybe that will help..I don't know, just soooooo scaRED OF MY SELF RIGHT NOW SO THOUGHT i WOULD GET ON AND ASK FOR REASSUANCE. grrrrrrrrrrrr... THANKS FOR LISTENING....AND PLEASE ALL WHO READ PRAY FOR ME TO HAVE STRENGTH TO RESIST THE UGLY ADDICTION OF SMOKING.... Can't wait to see what kind of person I really am...Forgot who I was b4 smokes...

Old 08-03-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User
Re: velveeeta

Dee, you are still the same person, just a non smoker, healthier. yes it gets better, just keep yourself busy and remember YOU HAVE CONTROL NOT THE DEMON. You can beat this we all can, We are much stronger I know you are a strong person. After all you made the best decision to quit smoking, I know you can do it. We are here for you keep posting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
(female)

velveeta HB User

You can and will do this. Everytime you fight the urge or crave or habit you get stronger. Do Not Smoke! If you really want to give up cigarettes, do it. Stop playing the games. I was 5 days into my quit and my mom died at the hospital. Do you know how bad I wanted to light up? I knew right then that my mom was watching from above and saying to me "don't let this wreck your quit"! It is 5 months later and I am so happy that I did not cave. My confidence in myself is so much more now than it ever was. Don't smoke! Show that nicotine who is really the boss! Do not die a smoker...Please!

Old 08-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
(female)

DannDees HB User

I want to write a long post to you velveeta but am getting ready for bed so will post more tomorrow..Just would lik to say thanks so much..I KNOW i would not have made it this far without these boards. and may I ask how old you are? goodnight...

Old 08-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
(female)

velveeta HB User

I just want people to feel as good as I do! It really is wonderful to be free of cigarettes. I stayed strong with the support of people on this site and others and I want to be supportive to others in the same way. I have acheived my goal of quitting smoking by my 50th birthday and I just feel anything is possible now!

Old 08-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
(female)

DannDees HB User

6 more hours and I am at 72 hours no cig. who would've thought?..I really am trying my best not to think about cigs but the dang things just pop in my head so much I feel like I am going crazy..velveeta your post saying how good you feel now is keeping me going on. I quit a pain med called methadone which the withdraws are all physical (worst then heroin) and I think this mental stuff is harder or my mind is weak..I read other post where people seem so darn happy( like hotdam she sounds great) so hard for me to understand why the heck I am going NUTS!!!! I am not being negative just trying to post exactly how I feel , so when I come back later on and read I will never smoke again, so I never have to go through this EVER AGAIN!!!! you should be soooo proud of yourself for not smoking and helping others to not smoke...god bless you......

Old 08-05-2007, 06:33 AM   #7
(female)

velveeta HB User

They will pop into your head alot! The more you push them away the less frequent they become. Do not let those cigarettes become a theif of your time already invested in you quit. I feel pretty comfy in my quit but I will not underestimate the power of addiction. Day to day. Hour by hour if need be. Trust yourself to beat the nicotine!!

Closed Thread