It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 04:04 AM   #1
(male)

megaforcetkd HB User
Trying to Quit...

Hey guys,

First off, let me say this. I'm 15 years old. Yes I know, stupid to have started smoking at all.

Ok, I started smoking a bit less than 2 months ago, and started off with around 2-3 cigs a day, raising it to around 4 or 5, and am now hovering around 4-6 a day. The good thing is, I've come on holiday with my parents, and I'll be here for 10 days (6 more days), and I probably won't have a single cig while here.

Anyway, I've been smoke free for 4 days (kind of, I had one light cig yesterday but that was the only one). I'm really dying for a cig but I've been able to fight it off. The problem is, during my smoke time, instead of smoking, I just sit and think about my situation with a girl (yup, related thread is in the "Relationship Help" section). This gets me worked up and feeling uncomfortable, and makes my heart beat faster and want to squirm. This makes me want a cigarette even more to take my mind off of the situation.

I'm in Australia now with my parents, and limited resources and freedom, so I'm in a pickle. I plan on throwing away all the cigs I have left when I get home, so that's ok. I don't know how I can go on like this for another week though!

Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 08-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: Trying to Quit...

the first thing you did right is post on these boards. i am 57 yrs. old and started smoking, like you, at 15. i am now on my third quit in a month, i will not give up!
unless you quit smoking, you will get a smokers cough, short of breath, wheezing to the point of needing inhalers, and then go on to carrying oxygen around with you!
it use to be the cool thing to do when i was 15, it is not cool, cigs are killers leading to a terrible life and dying younger than you should. they smell, making your hair and clothes smell also. as smokers we don't notice the smell, but others do, and it reekes!
please, please give them up right now, you have already done the hard part, which is getting the toxins and nicotine out of your body. now all you need to do is don't dwell on them, they are evil, and you will have control!
a good board to go on is the lung cancer, ck out some of their stories, and see what they are going through. you will feel real sympathy for them and it will help you realize that you don't want to ever go thru that, you have a long, wonderful life ahead of you. please, please live it smoke free!
enjoy the rest of your holiday....bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: Trying to Quit...

Quit now Before it becomes a life long struggle ending in lung cancer I wish I had quit a LONG time ago. I started around the same age as you and was very cocky I can quit anytime Iwant I thought to myself now I'm going on 40 and just quit last year for the third and hopefully last time. The longer you do it the harder it gets to quit.

Closed Thread