It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
(male)

Minesota71 HB User
Day 4 on Chantix ~ Help

I am on day 4 with Chantix. The side effects are very odd for me. All weekend and part of last week since I started this I have not accomplished a thing which is very odd for me. No one has said anything about laziness as a side effect. I am very concerned about this as I proceed into the coming week. Is it just me and how my body is reacting or does anyone else share these same effects? Also, I read mutiple times that you should not operate heavy equipment while on this drug. Why is that? I work for the city and operate multiple different pieces of heavy equipment and I am very concerned about this.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Day 4 on Chantix ~ Help

I just picked my starter pack up hours ago. I'm afraid to start it with so many people having horrible side effects. Maybe I will change my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
(male)

Minesota71 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante View Post
I just picked my starter pack up hours ago. I'm afraid to start it with so many people having horrible side effects. Maybe I will change my mind.
Oh no I would not say that know today is my first day taking two pills and I seem to be feeling better. I just have to push myself a little harder is all. I was very excited to try this and to quit smoking and still very excited.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Minesota71, I had many lethargic days where I just couldn't seem to get motivated about anything. As a matter of fact, I still do, and I've been off Chantix for about six weeks now.

The worst days mentally for me were the days I was smoking and taking the med. Surprisingly, things got a little better once I put the smokes down.

Not sure on the warning about heavy equipment. I know this med makes some folks extremely sleepy. My guess is Pfizer puts that on there for liability reasons.

Good luck to you!

Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
(male)

Minesota71 HB User

Yes that is just what I thought about the warning regarding operating heavy equipment. Know my friend/coworker will be stating his first week tomorrow upon my recomendation. I sure can tell when that first pill begins to wear off because my energy just shoots right back up there. It really is a wierd feeling, but I really can not wait until I get onto the full dosage. This drug just might be the real cats meow.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Minnasota,

Goodluck to you.I have been smoke free with chantix for 37 days now and I only take a half a pill in the morning.My GP tailored it for me and around my other meds.

Its been very effective.Even at a half a pill I sleep most of the day away,but I don't know if its the chantix or because of an illness that fatigue is a symptom of.

My chantix does not warn about operating heavy equipment,just drink plenty of water and take with food.

Ainfante,

Keep in mind meds effect everyone differently and at the present time chantix is a med that is one size fits all.Many have tailored it to fit them or their GP has.It definately is worth trying if you are serious about becoming a non-smoker.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
(female)

DannDees HB User

thanks nuffs for all your support.

I usually take my night pill at 7 pm and here it is 10:30 here and I have not taken a pill and do not feel difference in the cravings. I am going to try to not tak the pill at all, if for one minute I feel and incredible urge I will take it right away. The pill makes me lazy and not able to sleep. Ends up me sitting doing nothing at all, but wide awake..

GOOD LUCK TO ALL JUST STARTING YOU CAN DO IT.....

Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
(male)

Minesota71 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minesota71 View Post
I am on day 4 with Chantix. The side effects are very odd for me. All weekend and part of last week since I started this I have not accomplished a thing which is very odd for me. No one has said anything about laziness as a side effect. I am very concerned about this as I proceed into the coming week. Is it just me and how my body is reacting or does anyone else share these same effects? Also, I read mutiple times that you should not operate heavy equipment while on this drug. Why is that? I work for the city and operate multiple different pieces of heavy equipment and I am very concerned about this.
I just wanted to update you on my prescription(Chantix). It has been 7 days know and all of my side effects have went away except for the wierd dreams which is kind of cool any ways. Today was also my first day without a cigarette and it did not even seem like a challenge for me. So for all I can say to you guys let the drug do all the work it is very easy

Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Congrats day one down.keep up the good work.

The first 3 days are the hardest,if ya get through them your doing great.

Take one day at a time.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #10
(male)

Minesota71 HB User

Yes I would definately agree with that. It is kind of funny the habit is still there and I just laugh know when I think that I am going to go have a smoke and than I quickly come to realization that I had quit and laugh a bit. Tomorrow I start full strength with the drug. So it should be much easier than

Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Minnesota, that's just awesome. I'm so happy for you. Here's to a lifetime of easy days coming at ya' <clink>

Enjoy those dreams while you can. I miss the bajeezus out of them. They were so much fun. Between the quit and the dreams, I've never in my life looked so forward to going to bed every night, lol.

Congrats on doing so good

Old 08-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Steno I have to agree with you on the incredible dreams, I have been off the pill for 2 days and do miss those dreams. it has been a week so far and doing great no urges or cravings that I cannot handle.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #13
(female)

ariel7 HB User

Hi Hotdam,
You stopped taking the Chantix? How long did you take it before stopping it? And you feel good -- no cravings? I'd like to stop taking it so I could sleep better and not be so bloated, but I don't want to if the risk of powerful cravings and possibly smoking again is lurking round that corner. Any advice you or others have on how long to take would be appreciated.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Ariel, I was on my third pack of the blue pills when I stopped taking the chantix, Everyone is different I decided I tired of being bloated also and the gas was getting to be a little too much. I did have a few cravings this past weekend but I told myself NO WAY!!!! I am not going to give in. Just remind yourself of the reason you quit, you can do it, if you need to keep taking the chantix just keep taking it until you feel ready to stop.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:56 AM   #15
(female)

ariel7 HB User

Thanks, Hotdam. So if I understand you correctly, you feel generally the same without the Chantix as with (minus the bloating, etc.), except for a few craving now and then (which you probably had on the Chantix too?)?

Closed Thread