It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
setbacks

hi everyone just to tell you whats happened with my quit well i was of 9 weeks and due to stress have been back on them first time 2 days 2nd time 2 days then went back on for a full week totally sick of trying to stop but stopped today again so i am going to try a bit harder this time i am back on the 15 mg patches so i am starting from the begining again when i was of for the 9 weeks anyone who asked if i would start again i said positivly no i did not think i would but under stress with family i just pick one up again i have learned something from this when i was starting and stopping like that i thought i could easly stop but the last time i went on for a full week so please dont think you can smoke and just stop again as i am finding it as hard now as the first time i have smoked for 40 years and was so happy i stopped nine weeks was a big thing for me sorry for rambling on but if you realy want to stop you cant even have one

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: setbacks

I don't even want to know about the power of "one". There is no such thing as one when you are dealing with an addictive substance. I am at 5 months and off Chantix since May 6th and had a dream about smoking the other night. That is where I will smoke, Only in my dreams! They won't kill me there. Hang in there everybody cuz you really do have the power if you dig deep enough!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

good for you its good to hear that i hope i can say the same sometimes but my advice would be the same as you dont take even one

Old 08-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

sharon, i hope you're not beating yourself up as bad as i have been doing to myself! yes, we had set backs, now we need to move forward once again, starting with day 1 today for me and hubby.
i had stress factors 3 times since my original quit in june, that sent me right back to the cancer stick! of course, doing so did not help my stress, only making me feel worse because i started smoking again.
we can do this! good luck!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bevann

Old 08-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

yes i felt awful because on top of the problems i felt i only addad to them by smoking again and got very depressed the cigs did not help and i am back on the patches again i still have all the family problems but i havent had a smoke today as now i know i dosent help

Old 08-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User
Thumbs up Re: setbacks

Hi sharon,

I smoked for 15 years, after some marital trouble. I quit last fall havent had any cigs since November 06, those things will eat your gizzard out! My Doctor said I was near a stroke if I didnt take care of myself and it woke me up. I dont want to die from smoking if I can help it and I can.

What helped me was taking my mind off the cig and thinking of something else there are a million and one other things to do, besides smoke a cig!

Quiting gets better and each new day makes you enjoy that sweet, sweet, air its the reason we are alive
I felt I had an overload of extra breath when I QUIT SMOKING like my lungs were overflowing.
cigs will be illegal someday in the future not to mention the $$$ you safe.

quit em! they arent worth it!

Closed Thread