It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Nicotrol inhaler any tried it?

Maybe it's me but I feel like I threw $150. away! You could get a hernia sucking on those stupid things & I don't seem to get anything as far a nicotene. I even checked to see that I had it in right & it was. Just wondering if anyone else tried it & felt the same?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Nicotrol inhaler any tried it?

I tried it and didn't like it. Used the patch and hypnosis. Been over a year since i smoked. Godbless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
(female)

DannDees HB User

Yep I tried it. They made part that goes in mouth funky shape so didn't feel like cig and I did not quit with it. If I would've been more dtermined then I might have but I always kinda waited for a miracle to happen and I don't think anything works without some good ole willpower..I am 17 days 22 hours quit, which is a miracle. Feels wonderful and I thought everyday that I didn't know how much more I could take but I promise you that it is so worth the suffering through the first week. I now only think about a cig at trigger times (like after eating) but it is just a quick thought, not a gut wrenching pain like it felt to me before. until you get to this point it will feel like it will never come but it does. I am sooooooooooo happy...I want everyone to feel as happy as me to not be a smoker..so please keep us posted.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

Thats great, you are doing so good I wish you luck. Im going to give it a try again cost 158. not the greatest but alot of me doesn't want to quit. I have to go for a procedure in hosp so can't smoke & then can't for 3 days so figured I might as well try that. How did you quit?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
(female)

DannDees HB User

I used a prescription pill called chantix..good luck to you but afraid that if you don't really want to quit that nothing will work..good luck

Old 08-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsgramp View Post
Thats great, you are doing so good I wish you luck. Im going to give it a try again cost 158. not the greatest but alot of me doesn't want to quit. I have to go for a procedure in hosp so can't smoke & then can't for 3 days so figured I might as well try that. How did you quit?

I talked to you when you started the inhaler give it time it does work I haven't had a cig in over three months now and use the inhaler only if I am stressed maybe once or twice a week. I was a two pack a day smoker for many years so this did work for me. Good luck with your surgery.

Last edited by lorriem; 08-26-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 AM   #7
(female)

golfmom01 HB User

has anyone ever tried those "smokeless cigs" I read about??

Closed Thread