It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Please..any Advice! Hubby Is Starting Chantrix Tomorrow

Hello to all! Im mostly on the pain board, but my hubby who ids 59 is starting this tomorrow...He has tried the gum, ect EVERYTHING...Does anyone have any advice for a newbie? thanks so much in advance!
xoxoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 08-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: Please..any Advice! Hubby Is Starting Chantrix Tomorrow

Welcome Izzy, Hopefully your husband will come and visit personally. Advice: follow directions especially about drinking water and eating food with the med. It works differently for different people. Chantix is not a magic pill and the desire to quit must be present as it will require some will power on your husbands part. Have your hubby read thru some of these threads as he is beginning the med. If you have more specific questions let us know as we are many here and can help you out. Good luck to your husband. I smoked 30 years, 1-2 packs a day and have been quit for 5 months and 3 days using Chantix which I have been off since May. I am currently maintaining my quit all by myself!! Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread