It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User
OMG I caved need support

I had 2 smokes today I had quit with chantix for almost 3 weeks feeling great than, I caved I feel so horrible so guilty need support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
(female)

Liz74 HB User
Re: OMG I caved need support

Two is not bad! When I caved in previous attempts I chain smoked for an hour. What made you cave? Stress? Hanging out with smoking friends? It was really hard for me in the first few weeks and has gotten easier as time goes on.

I had one when I was on a business trip a few weeks ago because I was at a bar and some of the people I was working with were smoking. I didn't like it much since I'm on the Chantix too. I wasn't really craving one but I'd read that you don't enjoy them much on the drug so I wanted to see and it turned out to be true for me.

Don't give up completely!

Last edited by Liz74; 08-18-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
(male)

tomjayc HB User

Don't beat yourself up too much. What did you learn from this? If you were like me, you've realized that those 2 smokes you had didn't taste like they used to. And the next time that you want to cave, you might remember that you didn't get anything out of them so what's the point in cheating again. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

ps: don't cheat again

Old 08-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hotdam..you can see from my previous posts that i have caved in also (more than once after 3wks quit). i just quit all over again each time. this time i am on day 9. hubby also bought cigs again and smoked some yesterday with his beer and our company (and they don't even smoke!) he is smoking more this morning with his coffee. we are going away today and visiting at 3 different non-smoking places, also staying overnite in a non-smoking hotel. i'm inerested in seeing if he buys any more today. it does make it alot harder for me if he is smoking.
you will be fine, just brush it off and get back on the ban wagon...good luck, know you can do it! please let us know how you are doing.

bevann

Old 08-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Thanks guys I needed this, we had a barbque yesterday for my daughter as she is leaving for the Army next week and of course most of my friends smoke. So that didnt help, I hung in there for a long time before I picked one up. It is so hard to sit around people who are smoking but I have to recondition my brain to think as a non smoker, I can do it, baby steps.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
(female)

DannDees HB User

Hi hot dam..wow surprising to see that this post was from you but glad to see you are normal..j/k...but if it was 2 cigs and in short time, I wouldn't even count it and move on. If I slipped and got right back on track I wouldn't count it. I just know that if I slip, there will be no back on track for a long time..I quit taking the chantix 2 days ago and hope I don't have to go back on it. My skin literally began to hurt when I was touched.WELL... Like the song goes, just dust yourself off and try again, try again..no big deal..question though..do you find cravings r bad again after having 2 cigS? iS IT LIKE STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN WITH THE CRAVINGS?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

I surprised myself, Yea I was craving , but went back on chantix for that extra help . I am very glad to hear you are doing great . Lets keep it going no more cheats for me. The support here is so refreshing and extremely needed.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #8
(female)

janetJ HB UserjanetJ HB User

Hi, I caved, too. After a week smoke free. But I ended up buying a pack, so now it'll be another week before I can consider myself quit again.
I'd say, like the others, you only had 2. That's nothing. Write it off as "it was just a moment", and continue on as a non-smoker. Good luck!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Thats the plan, janet did you cold turkey or use anything to help you quit?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
(female)

janetJ HB UserjanetJ HB User

I am on Chantix. The bad thing is, I wasn't even craving. First, it was just going to be one day, because I was around smokers, but the next day, I had a disappointment in my life, and decided a smoke would make me feel better (which sadly, it did), but now that I am feeling better, I am left with the pack I bought.
I think the Chantix is incredible as far as not craving. None of my cave-ins have been do to a craving. It's all the mental aspect I can't break.
Are you still on the Chantix?

Old 08-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Hotdam,

You hang tough,you tell your daughter that I am very proud of her decision with the military.

My daughter is in the Navy,I'll get to see her on Friday at boot camp graduation.Its been 8 long weeks.

You think not smoking now is tough,it was really hard when my daughter left.

We done a family cook out when my daughter left also.

I quit smoking right after she left.

You just had a minor relapse.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

I am trying to do it on my own without the chantix, but if I feel like if I need a cig I will take the chantix it does help. I suppose it is mostly the psycological aspect and not so much the craving. We can do it.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Hotdam everyone trips and falls as long as you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start again. What a hard thing to have to go through with with your daughter I can't even begin to imagine the stress of it all. I wasn't able to be around friends and drink a beer w/out wanting one that I'd kill some one for until I was about 3 months into it and even then it was REALLY HARD but I just looked at my friend and wished she could quit also no such luck. I just remind myself of the terrible withdrawals and that keeps me straight.

Good luck just a minor blip on the radar of quitville

Old 08-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Duttin? Nuffs? Hows the chantix thing going for you now? Wondered what happened to you, I hadnt heard anything about it.
Niki

Old 08-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

liamsmom, duttin
Thanks for the pick me up I really needed it, I suppose the stress of my daughter leaving and not going to see her for 8 weeks is gonna be hard but I will hang tough Duttin, you should also be proud of your daughter and I am sure you are and at graduation just let the water run I know I will,

Closed Thread