It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
(male)

son1981 HB User
will chatnix stop me from being a casual smoker?

I smoked for 10 years but i find myself constantly bouncing back and fourth specially when i have had a few drinks I quit 3 years ago and have been bouncing around i am 26 years old

This is driving me insane because the next day I want to smoke! I dont want to give up drinking because of smoking I just want to stop going threw this torture!

what do u guys think im so confused? I went out last night and had 7 cigs i feel horrible! It is the drinking yes but that is my social time and it is so hard to control please help

Last edited by son1981; 08-23-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: needed a change

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: will chatnix stop me from being a casual smoker?

Well, sorry, but I don't think you're a casual smoker. You smoke on any given day, and you want to smoke the next day, too. That's an addict.

You might need to give up the drinking for a while if it's a trigger for you. You could also try drinking in a different environment, say, a nonsmoking environment. But why torture yourself?

Can you not give up drinking for a month, maybe two, until you're secure enough in your quit? If not, sounds like maybe you have a couple addictions to battle.

There are plenty of ways to be social that don't involve bars and drinking.

Also, I don't think any of these meds/aids on the market will "stop" you from smoking. They're just aids. You have to want to quit. You also have to want to make any necessary lifestyle changes to help you in your quit.

Oh ... Chantix will more than likely curb any desire to drink, too. It certainly did for me. It might help you kill two birds with one stone on that one?

Best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
(male)

son1981 HB User

really thats exciting have any others had success using chatnix for drinking as well?

Old 08-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

i read some articles where they said it actually did stop people from drinking, it's been documented. for real.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
(male)

bmanreboot HB User

Yes it will, and I considered myself a casual smoker @ about 4-6 a day. I started Chantix 8 days ago, and I am really impressed at the way it works. I had some side effects regarding stomach and dizzyness, but to smoke now just tastes like well, um dogs***

Good luck!

Brian

Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #6
(female)

russell12 HB User

I am new and also have terrible side effects from the 1st week of 2 pills per day. I am also a 1 or 2 times a week smoker brought on by having a few drinks with friends - some of who also smoke. I found this site today. I am encouraged by comments I have read not to stop in the hopes that the side effects will lessen. I also had cigarettes this weekend - 8 I believe and I am also mad at myself for doing so. This not may seem like a big deal to those who are quitting much larger habits but it is huge to those of us in the same boat. Just wanted to mention that there are others in the same position who understand. Glad to have found some positive people who understand and thanks for the encouragement. I woke us this morning feeling terrible again and was going to stop the pills. After reading all of your comments, I will take them! Thanks.

Closed Thread