It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
(male)

wigs42 HB User
Question Smoke free for 20 days!

Hi all Im new to this board and have now been smoke free for 20 days but at the moment I feel no better my sinuses seem to be constantly blocked I feel tired all the time . I have gone cold turkey because after trying patches etc it was fine until the patch finished at the moment I really havent had any severe cravings which is good. But I,m a bit fed up with feeling crap! Any comments?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User
Re: Smoke free for 20 days!

That is great news 20 days is great,the first time I quit was cold turkey and felt the same way but it went away for me after a while, my first quit lasted 3 months, than like an idiot stress caused me to light up again, I am on chantix and doing very well, I have slipped a few times but keeping the urge at bay. you will be fine. how are you feeling like crap?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

DannDees HB User

hi..20 days cold turkey? Incredible!!! I couldn't make it an hour cold turkey so feel very proud of yourself!! today is 29 days for me and I still have not gotten all me energy back but I do feel a tad better everyday. I just think of it like this..Our bodies went so long running on cigs and it wll take a while for it to get used to doing it the right way ( without cigs). I don't expect to be 100% until a year. I better be by then or I am smoking..j/k but hang in there A messed up nose better then a lung with cancer..good luck to you..

Hi hotdam see you still hanging on..ahhh me too. hanging on as tight as I can...

Old 08-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Hi Dee, yes I am here hanging in there, a few slips but for the most part doing extremly well. Taking the Chantix for as long as needed hopefully I wont need it too much longer. You are doing fabulous, congrats.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
(female)

PixieJen HB User

Congrats on the cold turkey. I could never do it. A friend of mine has quit cold turkey several times for a few months at a time and everytime she quit she got sick. We think it is your body getting rid of some of the toxins you put into it while smoking. Stick with it.

Closed Thread