It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

STELLA1970 HB User
Trouble Sleeping

Hi Everyone, glad to see so many out there with the some of the same issues I have - mainly quitting smoking! It's been great reading all the blogs and knowing I am not alone in this. My problem has been sleeping for 2 hours a night, then waking exactly two hours again, all through the night. Anyone having this problem? It's really annoying to wake up and look at the clock every two hours - and....it's almost always to the exact minute!!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
(male)

tomjayc HB User
Re: Trouble Sleeping

Stella,
This drove me nuts too for at least a month. This MAY have to do more with being a nicotine withdrawl symptom than the Chantix. I never could figure that out. What I did was I took my evening pill earlier in the day and then I only took half of my evening pill. Finally I felt that I could go without my evening pill all together. That helped but I still had some insomnia for 4-6 weeks. Hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
(female)

geek_chick HB User

I think itís a symptom of nicotine withdrawal. Iíve been using the patch for 18 days. Other than the incredible dreams, Iíve been having no problems sleeping. (The dreams are kind of fun Ė it always makes people laugh when I tell them about them.) Yesterday I forgot to put my patch on. I figured Iíd see how I did without it, so left it off. Last night I think I only slept for 2 hours. I know I saw every hour on the clock. I put my patch back on today because the cravings were going to do me in without it.

The only other idea I can offer is to move your clock to somewhere that you canít see it. I always slept really well when I didnít have a clock where I could see it.

Good luck and hang in there!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
(female)

PixieJen HB User

I agree, I think it's the withdrawl. The only idea i have to get better sleep is to work out earlier in the day so it tires you out. I know on the days I work out I sleep better.

Closed Thread