It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

emmku HB User
chantix reactions

i'm new to this so bear with me. i started chantix less than 2 weeks ago and during the first week it was great. i was smoking less and had no side effects. my last cigarette was monday at noon. since then i am nauseous the majority of the time and i cant eat. i am also really irritable and tired all the time. i dont know whether i can chalk that up to not eating or the medicine itself. i enjoy greatly the fact that i dont smoke anymore. its still a day by day process for me because i still have cravings but the chantix made cigarettes so disgusting for me that i have no desire to touch one and i am afraid that if i stop the chantix i will cave in and have one. but at the same time i cant not eat for the next 10+ weeks.
does anyone have any thoughts of wisdom for me?

Last edited by emmku; 08-31-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
(female)

Liz74 HB User
Re: chantix reactions

Hey emmku, I'm glad you are sticking with it. That sounds like withdrawl symptoms. Although the chantix dose does increase so that might be part of it. I was pretty irritable for a few weeks too (it's been 9 weeks quit) and that did go away. I'm still having trouble sleeping but we'll be better off in the long run. Maybe some pepto or something will help? I don't think that would interact with the chantix but I'm not a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

liz3521 HB User

I had to reduce my dosage to one pill because of the bloated feeling. I feel better than when I was taking both blue pills. It does help and I am scared to even think about not taking it at all.
Good luck to you with your quit.
Liz

Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
(female)

emmku HB User

I have reduced my doseage to half a pill twice a day and that seems to work well for me. i'm not a big breakfast person but in the morning as long as i have a few crackers with it i am ok now. as for the sleeping thing, i take sleeping meds at night anyway so i have not experienced the insomnia that some people seem to have. for those who are having trouble sleeping, i use over the counter sleep pills that work really well and are not adicting.

Closed Thread