It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
guilty again!

well i'm back from my summer in nh, home in fl again.
hubby is still smoking and it is really bothering me knowing there are cigs in the house. my will power has been zero. i did'nt smoke even one for 2 wks, then i started smoking one or two of his almost daily for two wks now. i thought i was being smart because i still was'nt buying any. well, that ended yesterday, i bought a pack. we were celebrating my sons bday and i really wanted to socialize with wine. i cannot drink any alcohol w/out smoking, so i ended up smoking the whole pack, plus a few of hubby's.
i'm really down on myself today and have not smoked. i'm hoping that was one mistake and now i can go on being a non-smoker!
by the way i am still taking chantix, i have 2 wks left out of a 3 mos supply..maybe i need to get another script?
thanks for listening....bevann

Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
(male)

thora001 HB User
Re: guilty again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevann26 View Post
well i'm back from my summer in nh, home in fl again.
hubby is still smoking and it is really bothering me knowing there are cigs in the house. my will power has been zero. i did'nt smoke even one for 2 wks, then i started smoking one or two of his almost daily for two wks now. i thought i was being smart because i still was'nt buying any. well, that ended yesterday, i bought a pack. we were celebrating my sons bday and i really wanted to socialize with wine. i cannot drink any alcohol w/out smoking, so i ended up smoking the whole pack, plus a few of hubby's.
i'm really down on myself today and have not smoked. i'm hoping that was one mistake and now i can go on being a non-smoker!
by the way i am still taking chantix, i have 2 wks left out of a 3 mos supply..maybe i need to get another script?
thanks for listening....bevann

Hi bevann,
i am a 64 yr old male who smoked most of his life; i stopped in 1983 and unfortunately began again in 2003. I went for acupunture four months ago, one treatment that cost me 175.00 that insurance did not cover. I have been smoke free since the treatment. A routine physical revealed 3 blocked arteries in my heart. Last tuesday {28th} i had open heart sugery, triple by pass. i can only suggest that it is never to late to stop smoking, i know it is difficult but my clogged arteries were caused by smoking.
Good luck and i wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
(female)

emmku HB User

hi bevann,
i am on chantix and have been quit for 7 days. my fiance' still smokes but i asked him that when he comes home please dont bring them into the house. i find that its much easier if i know they are locked in his car. perhaps you could ask your husband to do something similar. i would think that if you really want to quit he would be willing to help you in any way that he can.

and just because you had a few doesnt mean that you cant still quit. be strong and keep in mind the reasons you want to quit. thats what keeps me going. a year from now, at my wedding, i will be completely smoke free.
good luck and keep us posted.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

i am still struggling having the cigs right here. yesterday i had 4!!
i asked hubby about not having them around me, and he said....if you want to smoke, it does'nt matter if they're in the house, you would just go to the store for them! i honestly don't think i would go to the store, i would just get thru the craving.
anyone have the same problem of their mate still smoking with cigs on hand, and easy to get to? i could really use some advice here...thanks

congrats to all you strong will power people on here, i really want to be strong willed!!!
bevann

Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
(female)

emmku HB User

i'm sorry to say this but my personal opinion is that your husband is not being very supportive and thats a shame. its so much easier when you have the support of those around you. its great that you want to better yourself by quitting but a shame that your husband is not willing to help you. if he is unwilling to leave them in his car maybe you could compermise with him. ask him to hide them from you in a place that only he can get to. maybe in a locked drawer that only he has a key to. its much different going in the other room where you know he has them (where they are easily accessible) and completely another thing to have to go to the store for them. i'm not going to go to the store at 11pm just for smokes but if i know they are in the other room, its easy to go get one. try asking him to hide them. that is the only other advise i can come up with.
as for the being strong thing, its not always easy. i was at a wedding last night with my fiance' and i seriously tweeked out. i had a few glasses of wine and all i wanted was a smoke but i talked to him and he reasoned with me. it didnt calm the craving much but it got through to me why i dont want to smoke anymore and what my goals are. keep those goals in mind. you can do it!!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thankyou, and i agree with you he is not supportive. maybe after 40 yrs together, he tends to feel i'm on my own with this one. i will admit also that over the yrs he has quit alot of times with me, and i am the one that starts smoking again, so he follows. this time however, he quit with me, and i had my breakdown at the 3 wk point and smoked for a wk. hubby however started then also, but never quit again.
i have been on chantix since june...maybe need to get new script and continue it for longer. when i do take one of his cigs though, i don't enjoy it and it does'nt taste like they use to. so why am i smoking 1-3 a day? stupid!!!!!!!!
everyone here, keep up that will power, evidently i am not!

bevann

Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Bevann just get yourself back on that horse woman. Everyone falls now and again and you can either have a pity party of just say okay I'm human and start again. I say go with the human option. My ex who smells like an ash try and all I do and tell myself I don't wanna smell anymore, and I've gotten use to bneing able to breathe. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Closed Thread