It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

hillbillyhere HB User
Angry 24hrs without a smoke......going out of my mine

I have been a smoker for about 10 years......have tried to quit several times......decided yesterday to stop once again..... but it is driving me crazy.........I want to succeed this time in the worst way ........doing it cold turkey.....every other time used the patch but always went back hopefully this way it will be for good......give me some good stories about your success........please i need some encouragment

Old 09-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: 24hrs without a smoke......going out of my mine

Hillbillyhere, you can quit, just put your mind to it! You have 31 hours now, keep up the great job! I used the patch and could not have quit w/o it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

STELLA1970 HB User

Hillbillyhere: Hang in there! If you've done it before, you KNOW you can do it again once and for all. On my first day, about noon, I almost cried in public, i was having a melt down, hadn't brought the cig's with me, thank goodness! Got past that one, which by the way was the worst. Try to focus on the positive reasons you are quitting! Good Luck!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Hillbilly next week will be 15 months for me I also quit cold turkey and I believe that's why I'm able to stay quit because I had to go through every single !!@#**!! minute of the withdrawals without a crutch of any kind and I KNOW I don't want to do that again I also did it with a 4 going on 30 yr old home driving me to the point of near insanity, a mother who had a part of her lung removed. I did put on weight but I'm working on that now. I still enjoy when someone walks by and I smell one from a distance but I'm content to live vicariously.

You can do it you just have to want it more than anything

Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
(female)

velveeta HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamsmom View Post
Hillbilly next week will be 15 months for me I also quit cold turkey and I believe that's why I'm able to stay quit because I had to go through every single !!@#**!! minute of the withdrawals without a crutch of any kind and I KNOW I don't want to do that again I also did it with a 4 going on 30 yr old home driving me to the point of near insanity, a mother who had a part of her lung removed. I did put on weight but I'm working on that now. I still enjoy when someone walks by and I smell one from a distance but I'm content to live vicariously.

You can do it you just have to want it more than anything
I simply adore the guts of a cold turkey quitter! I took the easy way out aided by Chantix but I did get the job done. A few days it will be 6 months for me! I am a happy ex smoker and aim to keep it that way. Liamsmom you are an inspiration to be sure!!!

Closed Thread