It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
OMG! I am so miserable!

It has been 5 weeks today since my husband, my 28 year old daughter and myself were hypnotized for smoking cessation. None of us has cravings, just a thought now and then BUT husband is drinking more and getting on mine and my daughter's nerves, my daughter is picking at everything that has bothered her for years and has been depressed until a few days ago. I , on the other hand I am just miserable. I feel like I don't like anything or anyone around me. I feel like I didn't see any of this while I was smoking. I understand this is normal BUT I am not happy with my life. I think about smoking and then cahnge the thought since now that I know I am very unhappy I also realize that smoking will only cover it. What to do, what to do. I am ready to give up my marriage, home all of it. I am unhappy all the time. Have no interests. This does come to an end doesn't it?????Or is it here to stay as this is actually reality????

ICC

Last edited by ICC; 09-08-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
(female)

emmku HB User
Re: OMG! I am so miserable!

hello ICC,
Wow i quit smoking 2 weeks ago and I am having the same problem. I thought it was due to the chantix that i am on but you havent been on that have you? Is this a smoking withdrawl symptom? Either way, I totally know how you feel. I am trying to plan my wedding and now I'm not even sure if I want a wedding. My fiance' has been agrivating me something fierce and i'm about to give my dogs away. I wonder if there is anything we can do to aleviate these feelings. I sincerely hope this is not the way its going to stay. Keep me up to date on how you are doing.
Emmku

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Hi emmku....Maybe it is a withdrawal symptom. I remember one of my other quits aobut 2 months into it I was really depressed. Wasn't mad at everyone as I am now but down in the dumps. Felt like I lost my last and only friend. I sort of feel like that now but on top of it everyone is ******* me off. Don't have any of the anxiety of wanting a cig like I have with prior quits, just annoyed all the time at everyone and everything. Sorry you're going through it too. What a horrible time for it, while planning a wedding. My husband doesn'tthink he does anything wrong but boy oh boy he's annoying the H&^** out of me. LOL I am not on Chantix and with the hypnosis it's sort of like I never smoked. I think alot about lighting up lately and feel as if I won't be so angry with everyone BUT I do know that is not the answer. Just would like to feel better not worse. Going out tonight for the first time since I had shoulder surgery 4 months ago and don't want to go because I don't want to go out with hubby LOL and we're meeting all of his 1st cousins that I do like but all the same don't feel like being social and talking to anyone. Oh Lord, can't wait until the night is over and I'm home in bed. This is something I normally would love to do and I hate the thoguht of it.

ICC

Old 09-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
(female)

emmku HB User

hi ICC,
I seem to have run the gamit when it comes to these feelings. I deal with engineers at work and my boss has commented that i seem to be getting really upset lately at the work that i have to review. i told him what was going on but as if he gives a crap. then i come home and the dogs are fighting so i get really ****** off about that. my fiancee comes home 3.5 hours after me and by that time i am sooo agitated because of the dogs, and work, and having to find something to cook for dinner that any little thing that he says sets me off agian. then we argue and go to bed mad. i hate this. i dont know if i should get off the meds, or even if that would help. he is understandable about it but i dont know how much longer i can take this. i feel like i want to hide in my house for the next 3 months.
well good luck with your outing tonight. have a few drinks to relax and you may be surprised that once you get there you are ok. that happens to me a lot lately. i feel like i dont want to leave the house and then when i get there i am ok.
keep me up to date.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
(female)

velveeta HB User

Sounds as if you are mourning the loss of your cigarettes. You are better off without them. This is exactly why I did so well on the Chantix. I had a relatively easy quit and it is almost 6 months quit for me. I am fine! Give it time.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
(female)

vanima84 HB User

Same position... hate everything right now...

stupid withdrawls...

Old 09-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
(female)

emmku HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
Sounds as if you are mourning the loss of your cigarettes. You are better off without them. This is exactly why I did so well on the Chantix. I had a relatively easy quit and it is almost 6 months quit for me. I am fine! Give it time.
actually i'm not mourning the loss of the cigarettes. i'm really happy that i dont smoke anymore, my problems lie in the side effects of the chantix. i thought that was pretty clear. dont mistake that for "mourning the loss"

Old 09-09-2007, 05:28 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

icc...i picked up right away on your husband drinking more. my hubby, every time over the past 40 yrs he has quit smoking, he seems to drink faster, therefore gets drunk quicker. he never liked his beer w/out a cig, but still had to do the beer drinking on the w/end. myself, i've never been able to drink w/out a cig, so i just don't drink. (except my son's bday party last sat. when i bought a pack to go with my wine, still beating myself up with that one!)
i have noticed alot more anxiety and depression lately. need to force myself to get out of bed and actually get something done in the house, yard, errands etc. i thought not smoking that i would have more energy and time to do more!!!!
congrats on your quit, and hopefully the problems you are having will subside with time.............bevann

Old 09-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Morning all.......

emmku....I picked up immediately that you are having side effects to the chantix and in my case velvetta is right. I am mourning the loss of my best friend. After being injured at work a little over a year ago my cigs have become my best/only friend. I know that and am trying really hard to work with it. "My best friends the cigs" will kill me in time so what kind of friend are they???? Drank way too much wine Saturday night, don't usually drink at al and believe me I am still suffereing. Had a puff of a brother-in-law's cig and didn't feel anything so I have no interest in starting again and feel really stupid for taking the one little drag in the first place.

vanima....Me too. Hate everything right now and am miserable. I know I went through this with another quit and lost it and started again. Don't want to go through all of that again so I keep telling myself I'm fine and I'm losing nothing by not smoking but gaining alot.

bevann.....thanks. Your post meant alot to me. He seems to be slowing down at times BUT others he just drinks faster and I don't think has the constitution that he used to have when smoking. Maybe since nicotine is a stimulant it helped him to hold more????? and now without it he's a lighweight??? Makes sense because I don't usually drink at all especially wine and really overdid it Saturday night. Had th eone puff of someone els's just because I was being stubborn and wanted to do it my way. I 'm sorry I did but one puff hasn't set me back 5 weeks as far as withdrawal goes and I really have no interest today. Glad we all talked. Let's keep helping each other.

ICC

Old 09-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

To all you new quitters IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE!!!! Tomorrow is 15 months for me third and last quit. The mourning is absolutely correct and it takes time to get through the loss of your nearest and dearest, there through thick and thin. Don't give up and keep up the great work there is light at the end of the tunnel it may be a little harder to fit through the tunnel after the snacking but you'll make it. If you made through the first month you've already won so very much of the battle.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:29 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Hi Liamsmom...Thanks so much for posting. I thought it was grief but wasn't positive. Congratulations on your quit. I can't wait until I can say it's been 15 months instead of almost 6 weeks. It does help that hubby and daughter also quit. We are alot of support to each other and no one else in the family smokes. Daughter gained 3 pounds and I may have gained around 7. I'm not letting it bother me since I had already gained around 25 since being injured. Some day I will be better and able to excercise again and lose at least some if not all of it. My PCP tells me that even though I am a diabetic it's still safer having the few extra pounds than smoking. My BP is back to normal, had my first perfect EKG in 3 years and the wheeze from my asthma is gone. Not bad for 6 weeks.

Hanging in there,
ICC

Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

WAY TO GO!!!!! Atta girl. Don't you just feel so stinkin proud of your self?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

That I do!!! I have so much stress in my life and so manyhealth issues right now it's not easy. I asked my oldest daughter who never smoked what she does when she's really angry, annoyed, frustrated or just plian old stressed out. I would normally smoke until I was over it or sick. Have no idea what non-smokers do at times like that but am trying to figure it out. Had a problem yesterday that really stressed me out. I couldn't sleep last night for the first time in weeks. Was back to being up at 4:00 a.m. The one thing I DO know is that lighting up WILL NOT change this problem at all. So what would be my point?

ICC

Old 09-14-2007, 07:33 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

I find that deep breathes through the nose and out the moutrh helps me when the stress is child related when he's not around I find cursing like a sailor to be really stress reducing

Old 09-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #15
(female)

tennesseeMIMI HB User
Wink Re: OMG! I am so miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamsmom View Post
I find that deep breathes through the nose and out the moutrh helps me when the stress is child related when he's not around I find cursing like a sailor to be really stress reducing
OMG you funny!

Closed Thread