It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Down on myself about relapse after nearly 5 months

Hi all! I caved in. I have been in such a depression with different ailments and burst out crying and had 3 today after nearly 5 months. They were the new designer ones that are additive free but tasted like camel dung. I'm actually grateful. I have really been watching myself these few weeks especially since I had my gall bladder out and have been spiraling into a huge depression on top of clinical depression. Stupid me! Why didn't I just take my antidepressant today? It serves me right! I had the most terrible taste in my mouth and smell on my hands and feel so guilty and defeated. I think I really need a pep talk from anyone on the board because I am so weepy on top of this. I will quit again. I just can't take the taste of these things anymore. Anyone else suffering from heavy duty depression and has relapsed? Thanks so much for hearing me out. Take care--Hopeto--

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User
Re: Down on myself about relapse after nearly 5 months

Hopeto,

Time to...get back up, dust yourself off and remember how far you have come. You had a slip. Tomorrow is another day of being a non-smoker. No judgements, time to stop beating yourself up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Thank you so much BwithT. You have really made me feel a whole lot better mentally. I wish I could feel better physically and this darned depression makes everything else 3 X worse. I feel so much better when kind people like yourself come to the board. You have been nicer to me than I've been to myself and I hope I can repay the kindness someday. Thanks again and take care--Hopeto--

Old 09-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
(female)

djm310 HB User

Thank you so much for your post...I also have almost 5 months and had a thought or two recently that it probably wouldn't hurt if I had one cigarette. That's actually why I looked at the board again after all this time. I definately got what I needed.
You can get back on track! Forgive yourself and come on back....

Old 09-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

That's the spirit both of you. Way to go! This is a marathon we all are running and if one of us should happen to trip or stumble, maybe even fall down, there are others that are running along with us that will help us back up on our feet. They will give us encouragement, even hold our hand for awhile. Then when we are feeling strong and we see another runner in need, we will help them. This marathon is not an individual race, HealthBoards has made us a team.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:50 AM   #6
(female)

mypugmae HB User

I just relapsed too. I have depression also. Am miserable I just need to throw this pack away so I don't get too far gone and have to go through that mess all over again. Maybe exercise and a low key weekend can get us back on track?

Old 11-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
(female)

kydee HB User

Hey quit beating yourself up.
Toss the smokes and go from there you did it for 5 months you can do it again.
Get meds for depression if you feel you need to that's better than smoking anything is better than smoking.
You can and you will do this for YOU!
Come on I'm pulling for you.

Four months, one day, 10 hours, 33 minutes and 0 seconds. 4977 cigarettes not smoked, saving $659.75. Life saved: 2 weeks, 3 days, 6 hours, 45 minutes.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
(female)

Barb7390 HB User
Question Re: Help Please

I was on Chantix for 13 weeks and quit smoking in May. Low and behold this past week I started smoking again. I have been battling weight gain, 30 pounds and a body full or acne during almost the entire time and just caved in. I will have to take the Chantix again to quit, of that I am sure. I really don't know if I have to start from the very beginning or how to approach it. Has anyone done this and if so what was your approach? Naturally I am upset with myself but know I need the help from the Chantix. Thank you everyone and God Bless.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #9
(female)

maac21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetofeelwell1 View Post
Hi all! I caved in. I have been in such a depression with different ailments and burst out crying and had 3 today after nearly 5 months. They were the new designer ones that are additive free but tasted like camel dung. I'm actually grateful. I have really been watching myself these few weeks especially since I had my gall bladder out and have been spiraling into a huge depression on top of clinical depression. Stupid me! Why didn't I just take my antidepressant today? It serves me right! I had the most terrible taste in my mouth and smell on my hands and feel so guilty and defeated. I think I really need a pep talk from anyone on the board because I am so weepy on top of this. I will quit again. I just can't take the taste of these things anymore. Anyone else suffering from heavy duty depression and has relapsed? Thanks so much for hearing me out. Take care--Hopeto--

Old 11-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
(male)

joroki HB User
Wink Re: Down on myself about relapse after nearly 5 months

PLEASE-Be kind to yourself-Cigarettes are the hardest of almost any drug to quit. I have been and addiction therapist as well as a smoker and try to "just keep at it".I quit for 2 years, smoked, quit for 2 1/2 years and started and then quit for 5 years and started. I too would want to cry BUT[/U] I know that by trying I will win. I have not smiked now in 5 years and take it one day at a time and just keep trying.You'll get there

Closed Thread