It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Question Chantix side effects

A Friend was Prescribed Chantix to help her stop smoking.Since starting the Medicine she has been Nauseated,distant/ignoring and arguementitive.I was wondering what the side effects to this Medicine are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Chantix side effects

The nausea is very, very common. Suggest to your friend to be sure he or she is taking each pill with a meal and a full glass of water. Some folks find that milk instead of water helps with the nausea.

If that doesn't help it (it didn't help me -- I suffered awful with the nausea), he or she can try splitting the pills in half and taking a half more frequently. Instead of taking two whole pills a day, I took a half four times a day. I still needed to take a pill with a meal and a huge glass of water, but the nausea was tolerable and went away quickly.

The mood issues shouldn't be ignored, IMO. Unfortunately, quitting smoking makes folks irritable, argumentative, depressed, anxious. And Chantix doesn't allow our brains to be "happy" while we're still smoking. So if your friend is still smoking and taking Chantix, he or she will most certainly be irritable.

But aggression is a side effect of Chantix. Only your friend and his or her physician can really make the call if what they're experiencing is more than normal withdrawal from nicotine/quitting smoking.

Best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

StenoLady1,
She told me Nausea is common and I read that it is,but I didn't read it causes moodiness.Her mood swings is to much!She is spoiled to getting/having her way,so I didn't know if it was a side effect or if she was being her usual self.She is smoking 2-3 Cigarette's per Day.

Thanks for your helpful reply

Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #4
(female)

golfmom01 HB User

I haven't had any nausea, just horrible night sweats.....I went through menapause years ago and it's like it all over again.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
(female)

barb203 HB User

My husband took Chantix for only one month,he stopped taking it only because he was getting body aches and pains all over and mostly in his joints.He's still not smoking 4 months now but the pain is still here,does anyone else feel this bad?and if so how long does it last?

Closed Thread