It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
(male)

son1981 HB User
Red face anyone else stick to just one mg of chatnix

I cant take this drug anymore

I dont see my doctor till after the weekend but i cant wait! I only took 1mg today instead of 2

anyone else take just 1mg? Im not smoking so i cant see how it can hurt? I really cant take the nasty anxiety & nausea!!!

did 1mg do good for any of you instead of 2 ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2007, 05:01 AM   #2
(female)

liz3521 HB User
Re: anyone else stick to just one mg of chatnix

I started taking two pills and was bothered by the nausea so I switched to only one pill and then after a few days, cut them in half, finally none. Everyone is different, some people have nausea and some people have dizziness. If it bothers you, contact your doctor, but I can't see why less wouldn't be fine. Eventually you'll have to go off, so give it a try a little less at a time. Good luck with your quit!

Liz
day 32

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

velveeta HB User

Poison, I cut back from 2mg to 1mg a day as I was having bad joint pain and insomnia. It did work well for me. Everyone is different. Make sure you are eating enough when you take it. How long have you been taking the 2 mg? If you really want to quit one should do the trick. You are the one that says no to the cig not the meds. Do what you feel.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

PixieJen HB User
Cool Re: anyone else stick to just one mg of chatnix

I started out just like all of you. I started chantix, I quit on my quit date and went on to the 2 mg per day and it made me really nauseas. At first I had weird dreams then I couldn't sleep. I was irritable. Sometimes I got bad headaches and was a little dizzy. All of these things are better than getting lung cancer.
After a week of being on the 2mg a day I cut down to 1 mg and then to 1/2 a mg. Now I've been quit since July 18th and I only take it if I plan to be around smokers. I have cheated a few times, but I have not gone out to buy a pack at all, and I won't
Keep your spirits high, you can do it.

-right the eating part is very important- make sure you eat when you take it. A granola bar or breakfast bar at least.

Last edited by PixieJen; 09-25-2007 at 10:44 AM.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
(female)

Paloma0808 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison1981 View Post
I cant take this drug anymore

I dont see my doctor till after the weekend but i cant wait! I only took 1mg today instead of 2

anyone else take just 1mg? Im not smoking so i cant see how it can hurt? I really cant take the nasty anxiety & nausea!!!

did 1mg do good for any of you instead of 2 ?

Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
(female)

Paloma0808 HB User

Today was my 38th day on Chantix. I took as directed. I have not had a cigarette for 19 days, but I still crave them. I had aall of the common side-effects- the worst of which were the nausia and headaches/dizzyness. I don't think I'll take any more. The headaches are debilitating. I hope I can stay off the cigarettes.

Closed Thread