It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
48 hours smoke free cold Turkey

Not as bad as I thought. I have about one crying fit a day in afternoon and thats it. I feel sweaty and clamy weak in legs tired. I have smoked for 18 years 2 packs a day. How many hours until the nicotine is out of system? Is it 48 hours or 72 hours?

Old 09-30-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Re: 48 hours smoke free cold Turkey

Thanks, Good morning I am now up to 60 hours. Still having vivid dreams. I hope today goes well. I believe its almost all out of my system. I think once its out I will feel alot better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 03:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hi everyone its now 81 hours still tossing and turning at night and sweats. Slight cravings I think I will be ok.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

I quit cold turkey also after 7 days I felt ok The last poster is right it does take longer to quit the emotional habit for me about 3 months and then I felt like me again.It is worth it I found it really helpful for me to NOT count the days hours minutes as that just reminded how much I missed it, next thing I knew it was 3 months more had passed now I'm approaching 16 months and I think about smoking once in a blue moon but remembering my withdrawals is enough to keep me from taking even one drag I DON'T wanna go through that again.

Good luck once you get through the really crappy part you'll be free but even more you'll be proud of yourself for accomplishing something incredibly hard to do I almost broke my own arm patting myself on the back for a job well done hope you do too.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Hi,Thanks its now 96 hours and I feel pretty much fine except for achy joints and bones in my legs? Dont know what thats about. I feel very calm almost calmer then before quitting although I still miss the habit. But I think the bad part is over Im not going to count the hours no more its getting hard to keep track. Well anyways was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

You are doing great! The absolute worst physical part is behind you. Once you pass the psychological it is a piece of cake from there! OK, that is somewhat of an oversimplification, but it does get much easier.

I had to quit cold turkey due to an emergency spinal fusion. I was committed to the quit because of the surgery but I had the added problem of making sure my mind was in the right place to quit for myself.

Make sure you practice deep breathing when a craving hits. It helped me to close my eyes, relax and think of being in a pleasant place. After only 2 to 3 minutes the craving was gone and I felt rejuvenated.

I agree with the last poster, do not count your hours, days, weeks, months, at least not in the beginning. After I passed the 3rd month, I began counting so that I can track my success and money saved. In the beginning my mind was thinking of how long since I SMOKED but after I got over the hump, I began thinking how long I had been SMOKE FREE. There is a big difference.

On the 52nd day, I hit a wall. My psychological craving was in overdrive. That, luckily was when I found this board. These wonderful members talked me through and within 10 days I felt like a new person. I have had some very minor cravings, like doing something routine and go to reach in my purse for a cigarette. I have to just laugh at myself, I really do have CRS.

Remember to reward yourself! An easy way to do it is play yourself each day the amount you would have spent on cigarettes (or each payday). Once you have reached a milestone, you have a fund to pay for your reward, or save up through the year and take a really great trip.

Welcome to your life as a non-smoker, it really is much brighter, smells and so much better.

Closed Thread