It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
(female)

golfmom01 HB User
Exclamation tomorrow is it !

ok Friends, This is it tomorrow is THE DAY!! Yesterday I made it through with 4 cigs all day, but I've already had that many this morning after making the decision to make tomorrow my quit day!! This has gone on long enough dragging it out! (no pun intended) I'll be looking for you support and help!!!

P.S. I decided to start a new thread after posting to a previous one. I'm praying this one will be more positive for me!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: tomorrow is it !

Congrats golfmom01! Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'll be here looking for your posts!

ps. I used to live in that area of PA... Chester County is so beaultiful. Have the leaves started to change color yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Good Luck tomorrow, you sound like you are ready. Keep posting and keep your quit close to your heart

We will all be cheering you on

Jean

I have been quit for 5 Months, 20 hours, 19 minutes and 12 seconds (153 days). I have saved $976.92 by not smoking 3,076 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 3 Days, 16 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/30/2007 12:00 AM

Old 10-01-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
(female)

golfmom01 HB User

HELP! I'm going crazy and of all times for a major upset with my husband !!
but thats another board! I'm literally shaking !!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

g mom don't let it derail you. You've made the decision to quit and that's the best decision you can make. During the course of life you ARE going to have stressful situations come up you can't let that send you running back to the smokes because they don't relieve your stress or solve your problems.

you can do this just ignore your husband. Good luck

Old 10-02-2007, 05:30 AM   #6
(female)

golfmom01 HB User

I "broke" after writing yesterday but only had a couple of puffs and told myself to STOP IT! and I flushed them away!! So now its been just about 15 minutes short of 24 hours!!! one hour at a time !

Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Ya' doing okay, Golf?

We're all behind you

Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
(female)

serendipities7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom01 View Post
I "broke" after writing yesterday but only had a couple of puffs and told myself to STOP IT! and I flushed them away!! So now its been just about 15 minutes short of 24 hours!!! one hour at a time !

I broke today as well. My husband is still smoking and I was waiting for him to come home so I could get a *fix* 2 drags and I felt sick!!!
I quit on Friday night at 930 pm, after a week on Chantix. I must say that I am astonished at how easy it has been (with the exception of this afternoon!!)

Old 10-04-2007, 04:28 AM   #9
(female)

golfmom01 HB User

This is the hardest thing I've ever done! broke again Tuesday, but again only had 2...one in am and one in late afternnoon and only about a 3rd of it !! nerves !! I know the cigs don't make "things" better, but at the moment it felt like it would!! Did great yesterday !! I agree Serendipities, they do now make ya feel sorta sick.....is it the cigs or quilt???

Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Fantastic on yesterday, Golfmom. No more "I broke," okay? Take it hour by hour, day by day, whatever you have to. Baby steps. Remember that the first 72 hours are the hardest, and at this point RIGHT NOW, you're halfway through it.

You absolutely right -- this is one of the hardest things any of us will ever do. And the worst of it is the first 72 hours. Stop prolonging it by breaking down and having half a cig every other day! Once the first 72 hours are over, then you'll be darn close to a week smoke-free. Trust me on this: You will NEVER want to go through that week again.

Sleep, meditate, go for a walk, come here or a place similar and chain chat -- whatever you have to do, but definitely stop prolonging hell week. It's going to be hell month for you soon if you don't stop breaking down. If you're not ready to quit, that's cool. I think you are, though. But what you're doing to yourself by going a day, day and a half without a smoke and then smoking one is pure torture.

And why are these things even available?!? Are you going out and buying a pack and smoking one or two? How are you lighting them up? Where are you disposing the butts? Get all your smoking crap out. If you live with a smoker, do what you need to do so you don't have temptation. Remember, after the first 72 hours without nicotine, things do change.

We're all behind you.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Xant HB User

How are you doing goldmom?? I am on day 10, with one 'accident' *ahem* on day 3. I am on the patches and when I get really desperate, which isn't that often, I will use a lozenge.

This is soooo psychological. I have the 24 hour patches, but have found I can't sleep well with them on overnight, so I decided to take them off in the evening. On the first morning after doing this, I was having a coffee and feeling fine. I thought to myself, I need to change my patch, realized i didnt have on one and then suddenly had a desperate need for a ciggie! How crazy is that??

Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
(female)

serendipities7 HB User

Quote:
This is the hardest thing I've ever done! broke again Tuesday, but again only had 2...one in am and one in late afternnoon and only about a 3rd of it !! nerves !! I know the cigs don't make "things" better, but at the moment it felt like it would!! Did great yesterday !! I agree Serendipities, they do now make ya feel sorta sick.....is it the cigs or quilt???
golfmom-
it's definitely the cigarettes. I've decided to not beat myself up if i do have a puff or two-- guilt won't help me!! i have established a network of coworkers who are constantly asking me how it is going and i'm honest- they guilt me enough!!
my husband is starting chantix tomorrow, that will make it much easier for me. i know that i would not have gone to the store and BOUGHT cigs to smoke, but they were readily available!!

are you feeling better already from quitting?
congrats on your progress.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 AM   #13
(female)

golfmom01 HB User

Doing so much better!!! went 4 days with only a puff or two each day!! I know some of you don't agree with this, but for me, this is what it tkes to work!!! Saw doctor Friday and she was extrememly proud!!!
leaving town soon and will go without any near me!! Surgery on Friday and doctor out of town doing surgery is also ok with my progress!!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:30 AM   #14
(female)

wrongwayagain55 HB User

Quote:
Doing so much better!!! went 4 days with only a puff or two each day!! I know some of you don't agree with this, but for me, this is what it tkes to work!!! Saw doctor Friday and she was extrememly proud!!!
leaving town soon and will go without any near me!! Surgery on Friday and doctor out of town doing surgery is also ok with my progress!!!!
If it works for you, then I say do it~~~
I am on quit day 4 on Chantix, only had one relapse, and it tasted so bad, i didnt have anymore. We are all different, and meds work differently on everybody.
I feel so much better, I cannot believe it. I can breath again, without coughing. Hope all works out for you.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:06 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

Morning all...I have just passed the 9 week mark. Feeling good now BUT I have to say for probably 7-8 weeks I wanted to smoke 24/7 . It was very hard. I fought with hubby and anyone else who got near me LOL. My daughter and husband quit also so you had to be in my house to appreciate it. The cravings have subsided for all of us. I noticed that everytime I got anxious I wanted desperately to smoke. ALmost lost it many times but kept telling myslef that my life will always be full of stress and smoking wasn't going to change the situations. You know what, I was right. Most of the situations, anger that almost brought me to light up , went away within hours, days on it's own WITHOUT the smokes. I am on at lease my 5-6 quit. We all need to do it in the best way for us. It's an addcition and a personal one at that. God bless and the best of luck to all.

ICC

Closed Thread