It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

klease HB User
does chantix block the effects of caffeine

does chantix block the effects of caffeine

Old 10-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User
Re: does chantix block the effects of caffeine

That's a good question. Since I have been on Chantix, coffee is not the same. I keep trying to drink it, but it's not good. I used to drink 3-5 cups in the morning and at work and now I am lucky to get a cup down me. Cokes and pepsi still taste good though. I haven't drank many of them the past few years though. Maybe 2 or 3 a month. I still drink tea occasionally also and it seems to taste ok. Strange.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

klease HB User

I agree. I am an avid caffeine fan and since I have been taking chantix caffeine does not affect me the same way. It is almost like my body is not registering that I have had any caffeine. I drink diet pepsi max and iced coffee, normally one or the other once a day and used to get a great kick from the caffeine, not anymore??? I am not smoking, though. How about you? How long have you been on Chantix?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Great that you are not smoking!!
The not liking coffee is just weird to me because I really liked my morning coffee! It has not affected me as far as energy. I actually have a little more energy since taking Chantix. This is my 5th week of taking it and I have not smoked in 3 and 1/2 weeks. I have been meaning to update my Chantix experience but haven't had time. I will try to do that tonight or this weekend.
Keep on NOT smoking!!

Old 11-01-2007, 06:03 AM   #5
(female)

amphelps HB User

Chantix blocks all forms of anything including medication that will attach itself to the receptors in your brain. My best friend took Chantix without it being prescribed to her by her normal physician and she is currently in the psychiatric ward in Banner hospital. She was on psychiatric medication and when she started taking Chantix, it blocked her mediation from getting to her brain and she flipped out.

I quit smoking in 7 weeks, but for people that are on any kind of other meds, or if you think you depend on caffeine, please be careful.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
(female)

Heather75 HB User

Well, my main problem with Chantix and caffeine is a little different. Since starting the medication I always feel very dehydrated so I drink a LOT of water. The water also helps stop the cravings. If I have caffeine I end up on the toilet. A bad case of #2 is surely to follow. I can't even have my morning cup of coffee without being stuck in the bathroom. I am not a soda drinker at all so I don't have an issue with that. I am sure that is wayyyy more than you really wanted to know but......

Smoke Free Since October 16th 2007

Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
(female)

crankygirl HB User

AMPHELPS r u sure that it blocks all receptors.. I cant see how. but I dont know it all makes sense cause I went crazy on wellbutrin. And Im on medication for the brain right now (levothyroxrine) an if I wont recieve that I will die! My thyroid drug works on my brain (hypothalamus) an is not for my thyroid gland itself so consequently if anything interferrs with that I'll be a mort and right with your friend first the nut house. Geez this sucks. Im going to ask Dr if it interferes with other reception of drugs ie: caffeine too - could explain why were so d-m tired! this site is great never had as much info on the other smoking drug. will let u know what i find out. cheerio!

Closed Thread