It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

LilMegz22 HB User
Re: Dreams with Chantix

Hello, new to the boards as of today. My roommate told me to be careful taking Chantix, as she had heard of someone killing his next door neighbor!! I can't find any info on this...and want to quit smoking for good this time, so as I'm reading everyone's posts, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

Now, to get to what this post is about: crazy dreams!

Holy cats have they been sometimes realistic, sometimes vivid, and just plain weird all the time! I tried Wellbutrin as well, but those were in my drinking days before I realized it lowers your alcohol tolerance so I was blacking out a lot. I upped my dosage to combat depression, but it made me more depressed. Needless to say, I stopped taking it.

I am now on my third pack of the starting month, and so far the side effects have been annoying, but not enough to quit taking the meds. I do not notice nausea with the morning dose, but definitely with the evening dose. Although even then it isn't consistent. I noticed my first week how hard it was to wake up, I've been hitting my snooze two times or more no less! I have always been tired...so I don't really notice the bone-weariness other people have mentioned.

In terms of the effectiveness of this drug? My cravings have gone down to next to nothing...and I'm starting my 2nd week of not smoking! This coming Friday will be a full two weeks! I refuse to go out to bars or parties where there will be smoking, because I know I will cheat. The benefits of quitting are finally outweighing the "benefits" of smoking...but I know my limitations!

Good luck to all of you on here...I will probably only update if I do not quit smoking.

-Meg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread