It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

sickiemcgee HB User
trying to quit again....finding it hard!

Hi all!
I am into my second smoke free day, I've been using the nicotine patch, and I am craving a cigarette so badly! this is my 3rd attempt at quitting, the first two times I caved just before or after 2 months. This time I am finding it really really hard. I have smoked about a pack a day for 10 years (started when I was 17) and I'm afraid I'll just keep trying and trying to quit but never be able to kick it for good. Any tips to get me through the bad cravings?

Old 10-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
(male)

joekerr32 HB User
Re: trying to quit again....finding it hard!

sounds to me like the only problem you have is that psychologically you continue to perceive cigarettes as a coping tool. if you were able to go 2 months, then obviously you were able to kick the physical addiction.

im currently trying to quit. i went 4 days without smokes and then caved today. i just tore up a pack of cigarettes because you know something, they didn't make me feel better.

i think to be successful one has to 1) find a way through the physical withdrawal and then 2) truly see cigarettes as a negative, not just from a health perspective but from a lifestyle and psychological perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickiemcgee View Post
Hi all!
I am into my second smoke free day, I've been using the nicotine patch, and I am craving a cigarette so badly! this is my 3rd attempt at quitting, the first two times I caved just before or after 2 months. This time I am finding it really really hard. I have smoked about a pack a day for 10 years (started when I was 17) and I'm afraid I'll just keep trying and trying to quit but never be able to kick it for good. Any tips to get me through the bad cravings?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

Heather75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickiemcgee View Post
Hi all!
Drink a LOT of water. I call it drowning the "nicodemon" I suck on Starlight mints when I am having a craving...Hope that helps

Smoke Free Since October 16th 2007

Old 10-28-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Hi sickie and joe, good luck in quitting... it is a terribly hard thing to do but it is so worth it! sickie, it's much easier to quit now after 10 years and one pack a day rather than after 25 years, 2 packs a day ... so set your mind it to and good luck!!

Quit date: May 13, 2006

Closed Thread