It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

monette2 HB User
severe muscle/joint pain with Chantix

I'm on day 5 of taking Chantix and starting day 3 have had really painful muscle cramps and pains, mostly in my legs. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I'm thinking I should quit this med. Am still smoking and the other times I have quit over the years, did not have this problem. Is this something that will go away? Also having the headaches, but thankfully no nausea.

The Following User Says Thank You to monette2 For This Useful Post:
kerry39j (12-04-2011)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

beachymare HB User
Re: severe muscle/joint pain with Chantix

I am also having muscle cramps in my calves. I have heard that this is one of the side effects. I have been taking Chantix for 11 weeks. And, the cramps started about 3 weeks ago and have gotten worse. I have already cut back to 1/2 pill at night. And, now am thinking of cutting back to 1 pill a day. Let me know how you are doing.
Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by monette2 View Post
I'm on day 5 of taking Chantix and starting day 3 have had really painful muscle cramps and pains, mostly in my legs. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I'm thinking I should quit this med. Am still smoking and the other times I have quit over the years, did not have this problem. Is this something that will go away? Also having the headaches, but thankfully no nausea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
(female)

wrongwayagain55 HB User

I, too, had muscle cramps in my legs, but they went away after about a week. If they get any worse, do call your doctor.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
(female)

crankygirl HB User

I'm having them too. I have been on chantix for 5 days an every time I take a pill (1/2 morning and 1/2 night) I get bad leg cramps. Mostly like an aching sensation. Drives me crazy when I'm trying to sleep and just cant, thats how annoying they are. Will talk to doc if they dont go away! Glad to know others had it was begining to think I was crazy.!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

beachymare HB User

I had posted before about muscle/joint pain. I called Phizer yesterday and had a long conversatiobn (45 minutes) with one of their senior pharms. he was very attentive when I was discussing the side effects. I also told him about this web page and suggested that they read these posts. He did not seem surprised about the complaints. I am down to 1/2 pill a day (starting tomorrow) and also just started Wellbutrin. I can barely walk with the leg cramps. Let me know how the rest of you are doing.

Mary

Old 11-10-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

shameeka HB User

dad hallucinated and sis had nightmares while taking this crap.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #7
(female)

olean HB User

I have had severe joint and muscle pain since Sept. 4, terrible burning in my legs and feet, all worse at night. I just wonder if it will ever end.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-30-2007 at 06:04 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread