It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

Sylvia1224 HB User
Unhappy Anyone here trying to stop smoking?

I have smokd for 32 years. I need HELP. I just found out I ma diabetic. My husband is no help and I am hoping to find a quit buddy to chat with and sww what works. I think any of the nicotine reduction plans work, I tried the patch. It worked! Well about 6 moinths later I started back. I then found to be allergoc to the glue on the patch. So its the gum or something, Is anyone here that can help or needs a daily contact buddy??
Thanks for sharing

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-31-2007 at 12:18 AM. Reason: do not post the same question in multiple boards

Old 10-30-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: Anyone here trying to stop smoking?

Hi Sylvia, there is a Smoking Cessation forum here that you might find useful. I quit almost 1.5 years ago and the people there helped me a lot. I have to admit I still get the odd craving now and then but for the most part I don't think about smoking. I guess I finally realized that smoking does not make me feel better, that things in my life are not enhanced by that cigarette... it just seemed that way when I was smoking.

Head over the the smoking cessation forum (they are in alpha order here) and start that quit! Good luck!!!

Sany - smokefree since May 13, 2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
(female)

jenavive HB User
Re: New Member looking for way to quit smoking.

Hi, I've been diabetic for 33 yrs. and on a pump for 10yrs. I quit smoking with Chantix. Its great...it so work for me but you also should read up on it so you know what to expect. I've been smoke free for 7 months!!! I was a closet smoker if you can stand it...really I only smoked when family members were not around! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
(female)

Sylvia1224 HB User

I have been hearing all the good and bad for the chantix. One was talking about muscle pain. I have fibromyalgia and Chronic back pain with depression. I dont want to pay for something that might cause more pain. It is a way of life for me. I am on disability and diabetic. I really cant afford another prescription til my medicare goes into effect and I can get a drug plan.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:26 AM   #5
(female)

Sylvia1224 HB User
Unhappy Re: New Member looking for way to quit smoking.

For anyone responding... This is the Smoking cessation board...lol

Old 10-31-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia1224 View Post
I really cant afford another prescription til my medicare goes into effect and I can get a drug plan.
Sylvia, how many packs of cigs a day were you smoking? When you quit smoking you won't have to pay $$ for cigarettes so that money can be used to pay for the chantix. Good luck!

Old 10-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
(female)

Heather75 HB User

Hi Sylvia,

My name is Heather. I have been smoke free for 15 days. I don't think it really matters what method you use to quit as long as you are determined. I have used the patch, never tried the gum though. Just lemme know what you'd like to do and we'll go from there. I am getting ready to take the little ones trick-or-treating but I'll be home later on. Take care of yourself! My mom is also a diabetic and is struggling to quit.

Smoke Free Since October 16th 2007

Last edited by moderator2; 10-31-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

i am on ss disability also. i have diabetes, fibromyalgia, degenerative joint disease, copd, and others. i tried chantix this summer, but could'nt tell if it was causing me any pain. i was however, nauseas, and constipated all the time i was on it. i quit off and on for 3 mos, hubby was still smoking so i took some of his on some days. have been smoking on a regular basis for 2 mos now. i am down to 5 cigs, then using the commit lozenge, hope it works!
also i know with my disability i can't do alot, so get real bored, probably the same with you. would love for us to be partners in our quit. it does'nt sound like you set a date yet?
best of luck....bevann

Closed Thread