It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

angel72 HB User
Tomorrow is Quit Day

Thanks to all who responded to my previous thread. Tomorrow is the day and I am nervous. Wish me luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
(female)

Heather75 HB User
Re: Tomorrow is Quit Day

Good luck with your quit sweetie. Are you using any kind of quit aide or are ya doing it cold turkey? You can do this. Just remember to drink a lot of water...the more the better...

Smoke Free Since October 16th 2007

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
(female)

angel72 HB User

Yes, I'm using the commit lozenges, and planning to keep REALLY busy! Thanks!

Old 11-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
(female)

Heather75 HB User

I think the planning is the biggest thing. The night before my quit date I could barely sleep. I was just so dang nervous. I've never tried the "commit" things but I have heard they are good. Remember, we are here if you need us!

Smoke Free Since October 16th 2007

Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
(female)

Miranda Leigh HB User

Good luck! I know you can do it. Just don't give into the cravings, fight like the devil. I quit cold turkey over a year ago and there was no way I was letting a small cancer stick get the best of me. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself and it's given me self confidence to do other things because heck, I quit smoking! I know you can do it. Kick some cigarette butt, girlfriend!

Just keep busy and once you feel a craving just know it passes quickly. Each time you say no to the cravings it means you've won something - your life. Quiting smoking takes a lot of endurance but the reward is so worth it.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
(female)

angel72 HB User

Well I made it through my first day! I cried after I smoked my last cig last night and threw the rest away. I didn't have any cravings at all today, but I have noticed that the commit lozenges take a LONG time to dissolve. The package says 20-30 mintues but it is actually over an hour, which is good for me because it kept me from snacking. I actually just went for a long walk, kept busy and used 6 lozenges throughout the day. Ironically, I saw a bazillion commercials for quitting on t.v. too. I'm hoping that tomorrow goes as well. Thanks for the support everyone!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel72 View Post
I'm hoping that tomorrow goes as well.
Congrats on the great day angel72!!! Soon it will be a week, then a month, then a year... The next few days will be very hard, but hang in there, it's worth it! Come back here as often as you can, especially when you want a cig. Here are a few for you!

Quit Date: May 13, 2006

Closed Thread