It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

aliciaheart04 HB User
Trying to quit to get pregnant

Hello Everyone!!! I have been posting at this site for a long time. Mostly in the Trying to Conceive boards and Infertility boards but I am afraid to post this in there. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 3 years. All the while I was telling him "get me pregnant and I will quit smoking" lol come to find out that isn't really going to work. In order to do some of the procedures for me to get pregnant I have to quit smoking. The required time is to be smoke free for at least 3 months but 6 months is the best. So now I am stuck in trying to stop smoking land. I have been smoking for 9 years and have quit in the past cold turkey but of course started up again. The past 3 years or so I have gone up to a pack a day and smoking more and more everyday. So I know doing this is going to be really hard. My husband is afraid that its going to affect our marriage because he knows how it affects people. I was just wondering if anyone has quit cold turkey and actually made it and if there are any little cheats to help with the cravings. I am starting tomorrow. So wish me luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
(female)

angela19798 HB User
Re: Trying to quit to get pregnant

First of all Good Luck with the quit and the baby plans! I am actually on day 6
of my quit. I was a smoker for around 9 years, smoking anywhere between 1 or 2 packs a day. This is my second time I have quit cold turkey. I quit the first time when I found out I was pregnant. I picked the habit back up (back thing to do). That is what brought me to quit number 2. The best advice I can give is to set your mind up and be very determined. I told myself from day one I was not turing back. This quit is for good! Any time I have gotten an urge that I wanted one I tell myself no and I find something to do. If you keep yourself busy, you seem to forget. I wish you best of luck with your quit tomorrow!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread