It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
(male)

MykeSpace HB User
Any tips for dealing with the smell of smoke?

Hey guys, wasn't really sure where to post this. But does anyone have any useful tips of dealing with that disgusting cigarette smell?

Personally I don't smoke, but my mother does and I just can't bare it anymore smelling it first thing in the morning or just after a shower makes me almost throw up. I sleep downstairs and in the next room in the morning she smokes and when I wake to the smell at the early hours I just can't get back to sleep.

I've asked her to quit, she won't I've accepted that it's just the way it is, but does anyone have any ideas of how I can cope with the smell so I'm not so disgusted by it anymore and can be in the same room as other smokers. I'd apreciate any tips anyone can give me, thanks.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
(female)

angela19798 HB User
Re: Any tips for dealing with the smell of smoke?

Smoking in the house can make it really bad on the kids. I remember when I was growing up my Dad was a heavy smoker. Mom always had tons of candles burning and constantly was washing walls down and washing the curtains/blankets.
When I smoked, we finally started going outside. I got to the point, I didn't want it around my kid.
You could try using different candles or scents. The sad truth is though, nothing really covers it up all the way. You could always try asking her nicely if she will go outside to smoke. Hope that may help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #3
(male)

MykeSpace HB User
Re: Any tips for dealing with the smell of smoke?

Thanks for the reply! I'll give the candles ago, I'll try anything. I spend most of my time in my room doing work but the awful smell seems to drift underneath doors and stinks everything out.

As for going outside I don't think it'll happen. She's got a bag full of things she uses to try and make me feel guilty for asking.

Thanks

Closed Thread