It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

angel72 HB User
3rd day since quitting, lots of anxiety

Hello everyone. Today is my third day since quitting. Wow, what a lot of anxiety- started yesterday. So far I am doing o.k.. I am not reallly thinking about cigarettes, I just have that nasty feling like when you get bad news and your stomach drops- constantly. But on the bright side I am really loving being able to smell my shampoo all day and not having my mouth taste like dog crap!

Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
(female)

velveeta HB User
Re: 3rd day since quitting, lots of anxiety

One day at a time Angel. It gets better, I promise! Eight months today for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User

I have a tip that might help some. Nicotine causes increases in blood sugar levels. When you quit it takes your body awhile to reset and properly regulate your blood sugar. If you look up the symptoms for hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) you will notice many of those are the same as the symoptoms of nicotine withdrawl. Symptoms such as headache, inability to concentrate, dizziness, time perception distortions, and the ubiquitous sweet tooth encountered by many, are often associated with this blood sugar drop. To minimize some of the real low blood sugar effects of the first few days it really can help to keep drinking juice throughout the day. I drank cranberry juice to help me thru the first week. You've got the hardest part behind you keep up the fight...........Red

Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
(female)

kydee HB User

Angel the 3 day is a hard one it's part of the icky three's 3 day 3 week 3 month you are surffering from nictione withdrawal it takes 72 hours to get it out of you system so right about now that ole nicodemon is wanting his fix really bad he's trying to trick you into smoking tell him to go away no no no i will not smoke. The blood sugar level does drop I ate small meals through out the day instead of 3 big meals and kept something ice cold to drink in a cup with a straw with me at all times like i did my cigs. the sipping ice cold with the straw really helped me. Every time you tell nicodemon no he will get weaker and weaker I know it may not seem that way now but it's true you are over the hump keep going remember no no no.

I have been quit
Three months, four weeks, two days, 11 hours, 35 minutes and 54 seconds. 4899 cigarettes not smoked, saving $649.16. Life saved: 2 weeks, 3 days, 15 minutes.

Last edited by kydee; 11-13-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
(female)

angel72 HB User

Thank you all, I have not and will not give in! I may cry like a baby but I will not smoke!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
(female)

Miranda Leigh HB User

Way to go, Angel! I'm so proud of you! Don't let those damn cancer sticks get the best of you. It gets better, I promise!!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
(female)

cdlee949 HB User
Cool Re: 3rd day since quitting, lots of anxiety

If you are having problems or are feeling really stressed try getting a RX for Chantix. It works great. I quit 10/22 and with these pills the urges to grab a smoke are do able. For the first time in all my 100's of quitting I know I can do it with these pills. The stress is not here and the urges pass with no breakdown or going crazy when you see someone with a smoke lite up. Chantix contains no nicotine, but it targets the same receptors that nicotine does. It is believed to block nicotine from these receptors. It is the only prescription treatment of its kind. The information with the RX as that at the end of 12 weeks of CHANTIX, 44% of the smokers who took the drug were able to quit smoking. It also helped reduce the urge to smoke. Google it to get to the web site that tells all about it. Good luck.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #8
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Wow, Velveeta EIGHT months..... WTG.. I am so proud of you.. Looking back doesn't seem that bad does it?

Jean

Old 11-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
(male)

brianm18 HB User

Way to go angel.. I been smoke free for 1 full year . I did it without any help just lots of deterination .. Actually what helped me was instead of blowing 20 bucks a week on cigs I started taking 20 from each pay that I would of wasted and i put it in a secret savings place I have and I save it and buy stuff for me with it .I spoil myself with it and it adds up quickly .1 years time i bought a new oven / camera / dvd recorder / and this is from money I would of spent on smokes.. It was a big motvator for me.Think about it.Maybe try it.Good luck,Brian

Old 11-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #10
(female)

angel72 HB User

Hi everyone. Today is day six, almost done, tomorrow will be one week! I felt much better beginning yesterday. Days 3 and 4 were the worst, like a 48 hour panic attack. I'm adjusting to the commit lozenges and am only using 5 per day instead of the recommended 8-10 because they last for 1.5-2 hours! I've been following a lot of people's recommendations here, drinking lots of water and keeping really busy. The only hard time is when I first get up in the morning, but it has been calming down after the first hour. Talk about diversions- the other day when I had really bad cravings I went to a website that shows pictures of all sorts of horrible smoking related diseases- this definitely made me think about my #1 reason for quitting, I am only 35 and don't want to die until I'm a lot older! Now I am entertaining myself by watching my cat lick my bedspread...who needs cancer sticks?

Closed Thread