It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
(female)

aliciaheart04 HB User
2nd day and I slipped

I am so dissapointed in myself. My husband went to bed and I was really bored and really stressed so I smoked one. I had 5 left that I just couldn't bring myself to throw away which was dumb because now I have messed up. I don't know what to do now. It is just so hard. Everyone in my family and in my husbands family smokes. How am I going to be a non smoker surrounded by smokers?? My family is all going to be here for thanksgiving and I am going to be around all that smoke and I couldn't even handle not smoking for 2 days how am I going to do this??? Someone please tell me what to do.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: 2nd day and I slipped

I think you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. There will always be boredom, stress, holidays, other smokers around. There is no "perfect time" where suddenly all these things disappear for a few weeks -- well, maybe the holidays

Seriously, if you're ready to quit, be strong and get through the stresses, the boredom and the temptations. Use NRT or get the help of a med if you need to. Use this experience as a just a test run if it helps you. Wait until turkey day is over -- whatever (but more holidays are right behind it, then the depression when the holidays are over, then the feelings of the new year, then ... see, it never ends).

It's hard, but you can do it. Millions of people have successfully quit smoking. What better time than now? Really? Don't you want to smell good for the holidays? I think we all could use a little extra $$$ in the bank account, too. Try and focus on all the positives and your motivators. There is so much support out there for smokers who are trying to quit. You really have so many people behind you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread