It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

angel72 HB User
End of Week One

I have now been smoke free for one week, something I never thought I would be able to do! It has not been easy but I definitely believe that I will be able to do this. Thank you all for all the suggestions and support! I know I still have a long road ahead, but I feel that I have already made so many positive changes, I feel better physically, I can smell my shampoo, and I went out for Mexican tonight for my "reward" and it tasted SO GOOD! I didn't think I would feel better so quickly, that alone is such a great motivator! To everyone else in week 1, it is worth it! Take care all!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jsph110 HB User
Re: End of Week One

try the nicotene patch if you feel like lapsing back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

76blazer HB User
Smile Re: End of Week One

Hi Angel72...Great job on making it through week 1....I too just finished with week 1. I have tried to quit about 5-6 times, but, have never stuck to it for more than a couple of months. It was weird this time..I think somethinhg clicked for me..Last monday, I had smoked the last of a pack, and I was planning on quitting after the first of the year...Well, monday (dec 10), I just got mad and decided not to pay for another pack....I was fed up with paying for it...So, I made a rash decision and just quit that day cold turkey.....Well, it has been going really well, and I have patches but have not used them....I even had a few brews on Friday and Saturday, and didn't smoke.....I have been having weird dreams, and I am actually trying to quit smoking in my dreams too....!! Isn't that funny....Keep up the good work.....see you again next week as we finish week 2!!!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 04:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

congrats to both of you!!
i had planned on quitting once again (have quit several times since last june)for new yrs also. i am a 2 pk day, 42yrs, smoker. i have 2 pks left, and might smoke them today. anyway as soon as i am done with them, i am trying real hard to quit again. this time i am using the losenge.
i have wanted to quit so bad for so many yrs, but i always end up failing.
i am a little behind you girls in your quit, but, maybe you would'nt mind me joining you...bevann

Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel72 View Post
I have now been smoke free for one week, something I never thought I would be able to do! It has not been easy but I definitely believe that I will be able to do this. Thank you all for all the suggestions and support! I know I still have a long road ahead, but I feel that I have already made so many positive changes, I feel better physically, I can smell my shampoo, and I went out for Mexican tonight for my "reward" and it tasted SO GOOD! I didn't think I would feel better so quickly, that alone is such a great motivator! To everyone else in week 1, it is worth it! Take care all!
well done one week also but cant sleep 2 hrs a night its wearing me down but still not smoking

Closed Thread