It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
finally back on track

if anyone remembers, i was posting here alot during the summer. anyway, i was taking chantix and had fallen off the wagon alot. i have not been on here because i have been smoking full time since sept.
now i am trying again with the losenges. my last cig was at 10am on nov.13th. so, at this point i have been smoke free for 4 1/2 days. i only use the losenges about 5xa day. i also keep plenty of plastic coffee stirrers on hand ! all the reasons i went back to and stayed smoking were stress related (i know, big cop-out!) also, hubby is still smoking so i had easy access to them.
thanks for listening, and i definitely need help from you all!
by the way i have had copd for 12 yrs, also a diabetic, degenerative joint and spine, fibromyalgia. i can't get much excerise, when i have a better day i catch up on housework, etc. i also have depression, mostly due to my disability.

best of luck to all of you!..............bevann

Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
(female)

angel72 HB User
Re: finally back on track

Hi Bevann, I wrote back to you on the other thread about changes after the quit. I am using the lozenges too, about 4-5 per day because they are taking about 2 hours to dissolve. I am 35 and smoked for 15 years. I also live with my father, who continues to smoke. I lost my 30 year old boyfriend to brain cancer last summer and made the decision that It was time to do as much as I possibly could to be healthy. What a wake up call, I had always believed that I was too young to get sick, and what happened to him (he was a health conscious non-smoking vegetarian) made me realize that I am not invincible, and that I don't want to die if I have any control over my health. I hope I can be of support to you, and I know that I need as much support as I can get too! I started smoking more after he died to cope with negative feelings, so I hear you when you say you started up again because of stress. Today is one week smoke free for me, and I am already noticing some pretty big changes, so I hope that you are feeling better as well. Take care of yourself always.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread