It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
(female)

Kaseyheart HB User
Chantix not working

I'm on day 3 and so far don't notice a difference. Has anyone else had this problem or does it take awhile to kick in. Also the nausea is horrible. Does anyone know how long this normally lasts. I can't even eat.

Kaseyheart

Last edited by Kaseyheart; 11-23-2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: misspelled a word

Old 11-24-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User
Re: Chantix not working

kasey, it will take more time for the Chantix to kick in. Mine didn't kick in until late on day seven. Be patient, some people it takes longer. Ask your dr about the nausea. Maybe he can help you there. Congratulations on going on this quitting journey!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
(male)

allen1466 HB User

hey kasey,

I took the med for 7 weeks and the nausea was everyday. the instructions say to eat before you take the med and drink so much water. I ate a feast each meal and drank 2-3 cups of water and still had nausea. But the more food you ate, the nausea was lite.

My biggest problem was that I couldn't get enough sleep when I was on it.

please don't drink liquor while taking the meds. bad things are happening if you drink.

Good Luck, Allen

Old 12-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
(female)

Kaseyheart HB User

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that I'm not alone. Actually I went off of it because I got so sick and I was so out of it. And I also ate alot. I'm going to give my Dr. a call and see if he has any suggestions for the nausea because I really want to kick this dirty habit. It actually scares me to go back on it but will give it another try.

Thanks to everyone for replying!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
(female)

sherue HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaseyheart View Post
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that I'm not alone. Actually I went off of it because I got so sick and I was so out of it. And I also ate alot. I'm going to give my Dr. a call and see if he has any suggestions for the nausea because I really want to kick this dirty habit. It actually scares me to go back on it but will give it another try.

Thanks to everyone for replying!!!
I took this for nearly 8 weeks and suffered through the nausea as well, I had it bad even when taken with food, I never did completely quit.
I had many days where I went without smoking but many days I did smoke. I was gaining sooo much weight too. Now I am starting Zyban and the patch.

I hope it works for you if you do give it another try.

Closed Thread