It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

aliciaheart04 HB User
Wanted to give you new quitters some hope!!

Today is 2 weeks sense I quit. I slipped 2 days in but I am still counting it. I just wanted to say that after smoking for 9 years and a pack a day. At this point I feel wonderful. I only get a craving once a day if at all. I feel healthier. Food tastes great!!!! and I can smell things I didn't know I could smell. Granted there are some negatives like when you are around other smokers and they smoke in front of you and the smell just makes you sick. or when you walk into a smokers house and all you smell is smoke. But the good out ways the bad SOOOO much!!! After the first week it got soooo much easier. I quit cold turkey, no helpers, no coffee stirrers, no gum, no anything. And honestly the cravings aren't bad enough to ever make me want to smoke again. So now I know when we try to get pregnant if it doesn't work it isn't going to be because of me and that is a great feeling. Good Luck to everyone and I hope my story brings hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
(female)

zak7 HB User
Re: Wanted to give you new quitters some hope!!

Congrats on quitting. I am trying again to quit starting tomorrow. I had 4 days but lost it due to stress. I have a lot of stressors in my life right now, and I am single, which I think will make it very hard, but I know that I need to do this for myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
(female)

Heather75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciaheart04 View Post
I quit cold turkey, no helpers, no coffee stirrers, no gum, no anything. And honestly the cravings aren't bad enough to ever make me want to smoke again. So now I know when we try to get pregnant if it doesn't work it isn't going to be because of me and that is a great feeling. Good Luck to everyone and I hope my story brings hope.
I am glad you quit but I really don't think it matters HOW you quit or what "helpers" you used. Quitting is a very tough and uncomfortable process. Whatever we have to do to make this easier is great. While you may not have used helpers, I haven't had a cigarette in 6 weeks and I still use my helpers. The bottom line is, as long as we quit it doesn't matter what road we took to get there.

Smoke Free Since October 16th 2007

Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
(female)

zak7 HB User

Heather, what helpers have you used? I am curious because this is Day 1 for me. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Yes, there is hope!! I never thought I could stop smoking. I never tried, but heard of so many that tried and started again. When I started to quit smoking in Sept., I didn't think I could then either but decided to give it a try. Guess what? I am

10 weeks, 6 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes, 49 seconds

smoke free!!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
(female)

mj2007 HB User

I also want to quit this bad habit..any ideas on helpers?

Closed Thread