It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
quitting questions...

i am quitting right away and need some advice...im not a heavy smoker usually 1 pack every 3 days,i do enjoy it and dont want to quit but know i have too.now ive quit in the past cold turkey but at that time i wasnt enjoying it and really didnt want to do it anymore.although it took a few wks to get over it i stayed away for 3 yrs...i am a cold turkey kind of gal but a few probs i will run into this time may make me not quit. i have a job where 80% of staff smoke and we can have one whenever we smoke, i know they wont offer if i tell them ive quit but i do look forward to the cig while im working and see it as a treat...2nd im very social and most of our friends are smokers and i smoke heavy when i drink i hope i dont give into tempt then and saying stay away isnt much of an option...what i really want advice about is what should i do to make it easier on me mentally and physically...do i cut down? nic gum? i dont want to go on the patch as im very suseptable to reactions from things plus it can be expensive.i do have willpower but i would like something else that would make the transition easier until the rough patches are over.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: quitting questions...

i have gone back and forth with quitting several times over the yrs. i have smoked for 42 yrs now, and do have a health problem from it....copd. i have used everything available to help me quit, even cold turkey. my last quit was a month ago with the losenges for 1 wk.
i have a similiar problem as you also, it is hubby who had quit with me a few times and then i had gone back to it before he did. now, he refuses to quit with me again, i can't really blame him! my largest problem going back each time, is his smoking, and alot of stress. i am physically disabled and don't do much with my days, to keep me busy.
my plan now is to quit on new years, using the losenges again!
please try anything to quit again......only a pack of butts in 3 days! now is the time before you start smoking more, and your health goes on you like mine. i have been a 2 pack smoker for very long now.
i also found that chewing on a plastic coffee stirrer helped with the hand to mouth habit.
best of luck to you in you're quit and hoping to join you in mine....bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread