It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 12:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
pls i need some ideas in how to quit!!!

my plan starts next wk can someone give me ideas what worked for them wether its cold turkey a patch gum or whatever has worked for you

Old 12-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

Mary Annie HB User
Re: pls i need some ideas in how to quit!!!

Hi Hayley,
My husband and I quit smoking in early October using Chantix. And, personally, I thought it worked wonderfully. The trick was to drink alot of water when the cravings came. They were bad the first few days but nothing unbearable. We stayed on the Chantix for 2 months and are now smoke free - so far so good. If you want more info. read the "Hello" messages on this board. Alot of us put our experiences on that board and you might find it helpful.
Best of luck to you. It's never easy to quit but with willpower and determination you can do it, no matter what method you choose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Hi hayley, good luck with your quit! I used the patch and it helped me!!

Old 12-31-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Chantix here. My hubby & I quit 5/22/07. We'd tried everything in the past and never were able to stay quit for more than a few weeks.

Best of luck!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
(female)

holly10 HB User

I would consider using Chantix. For myself, I had no side effects and it did help. The most important thing is your own determination and strong resolve for your quit to really work-Chantix just makes things a little easier in the beginning. Have a plan and stick to it-plan lots of busy stuff to do so you don't get bored. Drink lots of water, exercise and stay busy!!
Good luck to you-it is so worth it!
Beau

Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

well i dont like taking meds if i dont have to only cause i react to things very strongly plus im on a antidepr already and not sure if the 2 would mix....well its been 12 hrs since i had a smoke only thought about it a couple of times its funny though i dont feel like holding anything or hanging outside but it must be withdrawal "hormones" or what ever u call it lol about every hour its like my body wants to remind me to have or desire a smoke and i get this 5 sec release of something in my body not sure why but thats what ive been going through...i have quit before and do have amazing willpower but i wanted more home remedy ideas that help i did buy reg gum though lol

Old 01-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I used the patch and it was great. Only had to go through step 2 and I was over the cravings...and I was a 4 pack a day . that was 10 years ago.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:10 AM   #8
(female)

holly10 HB User

Wow, Ann. At 4 packs a day, you didn't have time for anything else! Congratulations on 10 years!!! I will be there someday-9 years and 9 months from now!
I do chew alot of gum and suck on lollipops. Try to exercise and drink water (although I relly don't like it) Anything better than smoking!
Beau

Closed Thread