It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User
hi all

well all the dishes washed clothes washed beds changed running out of things to do hope you dont mind me posting it helps to keep my hands going and keeps me going with self minded people that understand the first few days thank you for your kind repleys ray

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: hi all

Type away, Ray! A lot of us have been right where you are and if typing occupies your mind and hands, go for it.

How about some to-do lists? Those might come in handy for the new year anyway. Any things around the house need to get done (aside from daily-type chores)? How is your organization? Any closets need re-organizing? Year-end paperwork?

How is the weather there in your corner of the world? Can you get out and take a quick walk? If not, maybe a drive somewhere? Sometimes driving can be a trigger if you smoked in your car, but maybe driving somewhere to get you out of the house. I hear there are some good movies in the theaters right now. Lord knows a movie theater was no fun as a smoker, but it certainly can be a change of pace and a good way to kill a few hours when you're trying to quit!

A big help for me was playing some little mindless games on the computer. Solitaire, Tetris, even online jigsaw puzzles. Anything to just get through each minute until I could go to bed and add another day to my tally.

Do you enjoy reading or crossword puzzles? Now's the time to REALLY keep yourself busy (or take the easy way out and nap a lot).

You can do it!!!! You are doing it!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread